Director of Strategy & Special Projects within DSV Global IT
Job Req Number: 56488
Time Type: Full Time
Do you want to impact the future of DSV, by building and shaping a team that will elevate DSV IT to a higher level? And can you see yourself thriving in a company where our level of ambition is through the roof?
“If you thrive by building and leading a team whose impact is key to DSV success going forward - and you love continuously improving all that you encounter, then we are off to a good start,” says VP in Group Applications Charlotte Sønderskov.
As a Director of Strategy & Special Projects within DSV Global IT you will enable the digital future of DSV
Based in our HQ in Hedehusene, we are setting up a new Strategic & Special Projects Team with the purpose to improve ways of working and to drive strategic projects across the Finance & Group Systems IT department. Finance & Group Systems is a part of DSV IT and owns all DSV Group applications such as Finance, HR, Compliance, ESG and more. We are expecting that the Strategy & Special Projects Team over time will consist of 5-10 employees, working closely together to ensure DSV’s growth and scalability within all global, group applications. Together with the team, you will ensure the digital future of our business.
“Joining DSV, you will quickly learn to value that IT is truly at the core of the organisation – and therefore highly prioritised” Charlotte continues.
Lead the Strategy and Special Projects Team – and own the operating model
The Strategy and Special Projects Team will consist of IT architects, business relationship managers, business consultants and communication specialists. The team will act as a resource pool to be deployed across Finance and Group Systems IT to support on strategic priorities such as assessment of new IT applications and integration of acquired companies. Furthermore, the team will continuously focus on optimising ways of working across the team and across Finance and Group Systems.
Overall, your role will be to lead the Strategy and Special Projects team. You will own the Finance and Group Systems operating model, it’s evolution and operations. You will be responsible for the efficiency and outcome of departmental initiatives and the performance of the Strategy and Special Projects Team.
We imagine that you will spend your days:
- Supporting the VP of Finance & Group Systems by participating in strategy work as well as formulating and executing on specific response strategies
- Supporting the VP of Finance & Group Systems in day-to-day operations, governance, communication and decision making
- Owning the operating model and department initiatives
- Running Finance & Group Systems weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual wheel under agreed operating model as well as running the application inbound process
- Shaping and leading the Strategy and Special Projects Team
- Building competence in the Strategy and Special Projects Team to take care of strategic initiatives, and acute and/or orphaned projects that do not have a clear organisational ownership or where requisite capacity in the accountable organisation is lacking or over-subscribed
- Represent Finance & Group Systems in relevant initiatives and projects as needed
- Participate in discussions on transforming into agile organisations and digital platforms
- Provide Leadership team with guidance, recommendations and support on strategic initiatives
You have a strategic mindset and solid experience from working in IT organisations
We imagine that you have relevant experience from the consulting industry mixed with a very good understanding of IT. Further, you:
- Hold a relevant graduate or post graduate degree in IT, computer science, engineering, economics/business/finance
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and a keen interest in and flair for IT technology and business
- It is expected that the candidate has demonstrable and referenceable leadership skills, preferably from a combination of line and project leadership skill. In addition, strategic acumen in the form of technology and business strategy formulation and implementation is a pre-requisite
- To fit the role and the culture the candidate must possess high energy, a can-do hands-on attitude, stamina as well as strong intellectual and inter-personnel capabilities
- Have strong communication skills and are business fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
It is important to have a very good understanding of IT development and IT operations.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Maria Juul Enevoldsen, who is holding the position on an interim basis, on +45 23708732.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.