Business Controller, Finance & Group Systems in Global IT
Job Req Number: 56490
Time Type: Full Time
Are you passionate about analysing and visualizing patterns in financial data - and hence enabling management to make the right business decisions, then you might be our new Business Controller!
The Transformation team in Finance & Group Systems is looking for a Business Controller who can provide the team with valuable reports and insight into our financial situations to support operational and strategic decision making.
The Transformation team in Finance & Group Systems is in the process of being established and will support the VP of Finance & Group Systems in DSV IT. Finance & Group Systems has +100 employees and owns all cross-group applications as for example Finance and HR systems. DSV is continuously growing – a growth based on mergers and acquisitions. Thus, new companies are continuously joining the DSV Group, and accordingly Group systems are rolled out to new countries and new users every year. This requires a strong transformation team with individually capable players.
Your main responsibilities as Business Controller are:
You will be working closely with the VP of Finance & Group Systems in regard to budget, forecast and visualization of relevant financial areas within the IT department called Finance & Group Systems. Besides the VP, you will work closely with the DSV Finance department.
You will be responsible for analyzing, developing and preparing financial data and delivering high quality reports providing valuable insights. We expect that you can interpret results and identify trends proactively, highlight issues, and work in close collaboration with management. Generally, you should be data-driven and motivated by understanding the why’s.
- Assist management with analysis and decision proposals on strategic and operational topics
- Compile the budget by collecting and consolidating the various quantitative and qualitative inputs
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Prepare financial documents such as business reports and financial forecasts
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Support in leading the forecast and budget process, overall cost allocations and financial results
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies
- Ad hoc data analyses tasks occurring within FINGS
- Visualize the Financial data through e.g. PowerBI dashboards
Skills and Qualifications
- A master’s or a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or another relevant field, or equivalent education/experience
- Proficient Excel skills and strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in working with BI tools, such as Power BI
- Experience with communication planning and creating communication material
- Experience project coordination or project management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Willing to adapt and driven to continually improve yourself
- A structured mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Maria Juul Enevoldsen, Interim Director of the Transformation Team on +45 23708732.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.