Senior Frontend Developer, Data & Analytics
Job Req Number: 56493
Time Type: Full Time
Do you want to build scalable web applications with modern cloud technologies? Do you believe value is best created in cross-functional teams with direct user access?
Innovating and designing new products as well as tweaking and maturing existing ones, you will cooperate with data scientists, DevOps engineers, ML engineers, backend developers, data engineers, business experts and other specialists to create the digital products of tomorrow.
Join a team focused on our most valuable digital products
You will join the Data & Analytics team. The purpose of our team is to build advanced end-to-end products that create direct business value for DSV’s divisions, including:
- Customs declaration automation
- Vendor invoices automation
- Booking transparency
- Address validation
- ETA prediction
The use cases we solve tend to have a high degree of complexity, requiring non-deterministic problem solving (i.e., the use of ML/AI), near real-time data processing, a need for high availability, vertical and horizontal scalability, and an extremely high volume of transactions.
However, fancy technologies and accurate ML models do not solve the issues at hand alone. We strive to combine our competencies to build holistic solutions where the underlying complexity is hidden for the user to create simple and value-adding experiences. We do this with close, ongoing dialogue with our end-users – that is one of the benefits of having the users internally in the organization!
Your new unit is characterized by having a startup mindset, and it is divided into cross-functional product teams with a mix of young and highly experienced colleagues. We strive to base our work on knowledge and insight rather than hierarchical structures, and we make sure that our decisions are based on conversations between people with different competencies rather than one individual.
Build modern web applications that create value to users across the world
As our next Senior Frontend Developer, you will work together with great colleagues and use the right tools in the toolbox to solve real business problems for users. You will:
You will work in a cross-functional team where you will build, test and tweak the frontend features, but you will also engage in a “guild” with other frontend developers to share best practice, technical patterns and share general knowledge across the product teams.:
- Build, test and improve frontend features that save time, provide great user experiences and provide insights in data for users.
- Work closely together with the users and the product owner on your team to understand the business context
- Work closely together with the backend developers on your team to interact with other micro services in the product, read/write to the database and to integrate to other systems. It is an added bonus if you have worked with backend development yourself also (or maybe even want to work as a full stack developer)
- Work closely together with the data scientists to get good predictions from them, understand the data, visualize the predictions, save the needed user interactions in a way that ensures the possibility of re-training the models effectively.
- Work closely together with our DevOps engineers and use the CI/CD pipelines established to quickly build, test and eventually deploy your code through the different environments.
- Collaborate also with other frontend developers outside your own product team in so-called “guilds” where you share knowledge, technical patterns, and good ways of working to improve behavior across all products.
- Testing your software from a functional, quality, fault-tolerance, performance, and scalability perspective.
- And much more…
Using the right technology for the use case
You thrive in an environment where you can use modern cloud-based technologies that are fit-for-purpose, and you enjoy staying up to date with the latest technologies. You have a broad experience with many of the technologies in the list below, but we do not expect you to have experience with all of these:
- UI Library: React
- UI Framework: MUI
- UI State management: Redux
- Database technologies: Mostly MongoDB Atlas (and some PostgreSQL, MySql)
- Version control: Git
- Requirements: Jira
- Documentation: Confluence
Working with us, you will get to know these systems as well:
- CI/CD Pipelines: Jenkins, AzureDevOps
- Backend applications: Mostly coded in Java, Scala (and some C#)
- Event streaming: Confluent Kafka (KStreams etc.)
- ML Frameworks: TensorFlow / PyTorch
- ML model serving: TensorFlow serving, Torch serving
- ML model development: Mostly coded in Python
- ML Ops Platform: Kubeflow, MLFlow, SeldonCore, KNative, KServe
- Load balancing: NGINX, Cloud LBs
- Installation scripts: Ansible, Terraform
- Test framework: Jest, Junit, Jmeter
- Identity & Access Management broker: Redhat SSO
- Authentication: OIDC, OAuth2, SAML
- Containerization: Docker
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes
- Logging, monitoring & Alerting: ELK stack
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to contact Staffan W. Nielsen on +45 25 41 78 37.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.