Test Engineer, Data & Analytics
Can you make sure that our most advanced digitalised products live up to their reputation? Do you want to make our applications break to find their weaknesses and recreate real life scenarios to test our products?
Then you might be our next test engineer. In a cooperative environment, you will understand real-world business details and design high-quality tests based on your own expertise and the knowledge of your team.
Join a team focused on our most valuable digital products
You will join the Data & Analytics team. The purpose of our team is to build advanced end-2-end products that create direct business value for DSV’s divisions including:
- Customs declaration automation
- Vendor invoices automation
- Booking transparency
- Address validation
- ETA prediction
The use cases we solve tend to have a high degree of complexity, requiring non-deterministic problem solving (i.e. the use of ML/AI), near real-time data processing, a need for high availability, vertical and horizontal scalability and a very high volume of transactions.
However, fancy technologies and accurate ML models do not solve the issues at hand alone. We strive to combine our competencies to build holistic solutions where the underlying complexity is hidden for the user to create simple and value-adding experiences.
Your new unit is divided into cross-functional product teams with a mix of young and highly experienced colleagues. We strive to base our work on knowledge and insight rather than hierarchical structures and we make sure, that our decisions are based on conversations between people with different competencies rather than one individual.
Automate your testing and assist your colleagues
You will work across our two product teams filling the role of a test engineer with focus on activities such as:
- Designing test cases, making sure that a passed test is not only passed on paper
- Using, reviewing, and maintaining our guidelines and framework for unit testing, functional testing, regression testing and functional testing, automated testing, and evaluation of ML models.
- Helping our business analyst carry out User Acceptance Testing of larger new releases with end-2-end testing of functionality
- Assisting your colleagues within the team with your testing knowledge and reviewing their work
- Helping our data engineers carry out Operational Acceptance Testing of larger new releases to ensure performance lives up to the expected criteria
You automate your work by using scripts and standard frameworks as well as going into details that require repetitive manual work. Furthermore, you make realistic mockups that allows you to test things swiftly on synthetic data before you get access to production data.
You bring thorough technological experience
You approach things methodically and structured and trust data and statistics and see proof rather than trusting assumptions and you reach out when it is necessary. You manage to find pragmatic solutions that balance between the theoretically optimal solution and the solution possible within deadlines, data quality and other constraints.
Furthermore, we expect you to have experience with a majority of the following technologies:
- API client tools: Postman or similar and SOAP UI or similar endpoints
- Testing frameworks:
- Performance testing frameworks: JMeter or similar
- Frontend testing frameworks: Jest or similar
- Other testing frameworks for different purposes
- Database technologies such as:
- Relational database: MySQL
- NoSQL database: MongoDB
- Coding languages:
Working with us, you will get to know these systems as well
- Authentication: Open ID Connect
- Containerization: Docker
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes
- CI/CD Pipelines: Jenkins
- Load balancing: NGINX
- Installation scripts: Ansible
- Requirements: Jira
- Documentation: Confluence
- Test framework: Jest
- Event streaming: Confluent Kafka, K streams
- ML Frameworks: TensorFlow / PyTorch
- ML model serving: TensorFlow serving, Torch serving
- Database technologies such as:
- Relational database: We use MySQL
- NoSQL database: We use MongoDB
- Version control: Git
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to contact Staffan W. Nielsen on +45 25 41 78 37.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 90 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.