Digital Signal Processing Developer with ambitions
Can you envision your future in a leading tech-driven company with the framework to create tomorrow's sharpest audio solutions?
Would you like to participate in the development of our next generation of audio products?
Then come join our team!
Shure has an ambitious goal of offering our customers an exceptional high-end audio performance in our broad range of products. In Copenhagen, we design and develop high-end audio products and advanced software solutions that are used in a wide range of integrated audio systems of contexts from small meeting rooms to large business environments. In that respect we are looking for a talented Senior DSP Developer to join our great team.
Your New Colleagues
At Shure, we appreciate collaboration, commitment, and innovation as well as a natural interest in solving complex issues. We strive towards achieving extraordinary results and we are not afraid of taking on challenging tasks. We are a tech-driven company in the process of implementing SAFe. But even though we work in sprints, we are not rushed. For us, arriving at the right solution is more important than quick workarounds.
In Copenhagen, we are 40 developers of which a handful are DSP developers like you. We collaborate with colleagues in Chicago and Edinburgh to develop the best DSP solutions for Shure's broad portfolio of audio products, so we can offer our customers products of exceptionally good sound quality.
“You will collaborate closely with colleagues in other time zones and work with exciting techniques that are highly relevant in terms of audio processing.” says Managing Staff Engineer, DSP, Kenneth Boysen.
In your new position, you will work on DSP solutions for audio products and contribute to all phases of the development process – from idea and concept to design as well as implementation, testing and verification. You will have challenging tasks within Digital Signal Processing in the field of audio and audio products for small and large complex systems, and work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies.
In practical terms, you will specify, design, simulate, implement, and tests real time audio signal processing algorithms for fixed-and-floating-point DSPs and work with a mixture of associated components like microphones, speakers, head/earphones and other related peripherals.
“You’re really allowed to nerd out in your field as you have the time you need to find and develop the very best solutions in the market. So, if you are interested in the highest quality audio products, this is the job,” - Kenneth.
- You have a bachelor’s or master´s degree in engineering, and preferably 5+ years of experience from a similar job.
- You are passionate about Digital Signal Processing and interested in audio products, algorithm development in MATLAB and/or other simulation environments.
- You have experience with implementation on different DSPs or microprocessors, both floating point and fixed point, and with variation in MIPS, RAM and power consumption depending on the application.
- You have knowledge and theoretical understanding of classic DSP topics such as: FIR and IIR Filter Design, Dynamics, Voice Activity Detection, Codecs, Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Noise Reduction, Adaptive Filters, Beamforming, Neural Networks, Psycho Acoustics and similar.
- You are strong in C/C++, and familiar with intrinsics or other microprocessor specific programming for optimization purposes.
- You have experience with testing and verification in both large and small systems and the use of various measuring tools within DSP and audio.
- You are knowledgeable about microphones, speakers, head/earphones is essential as well as of other hardware such as Codecs, ADC’s, DAC’s, discrete HW, FGPA’s, and noise contributions within such DSP/HW systems.
- You speak and write English and preferably also Danish.
As a person, you are focused, detail-oriented, and passionate. You are self-driven and work equally well on your own and in a team. As Shure is a global employer, prior experience working across national borders and cultures is an advantage.
Our value proposition to you
You will join a company of passionate and dedicated people who are happy to share experience and learn from each other. We see product development as a team effort. In essence, our technological innovations are the result of the creativity and dedication of our Associates.
You will become part of an inspiring and flexible workplace with a dynamic work environment and great colleagues that value, support and respect one another. We believe in the value of a good work-life balance and do our outmost to ensure that our employees thrive in our well-established company culture of innovation and high quality. Shure is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and cherish inclusion in the workplace.
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with ample opportunity for learning and growth, flexible work arrangements as well as an attractive compensation package reflective of your experience and qualifications.
To find out more about this position, please contact Kenneth Boysen at +45 3248 2300.
Shure Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. We design and produce high-quality products, which have become legendary for performance, reliability, and value. Our history of innovation and expertise in acoustics, wireless technology, networked audio systems and digital signal processing, enables us to deliver seamless, transparent audio experiences.
Shure Scandinavia has 52 dedicated and committed employees, who all contribute to the development of high-quality conferencing solutions. Shure Scandinavia A/S is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Shure group. We are Shure’s knowledge- and development center for conferencing products and have more than 70 years’ experience from the industry. Please click here for more information about Shure Scandinavia A/S and the Shure Ecosystem.