Systems Engineer, mission critical naval systems
Are you a passionate Systems Engineer, a technical Business Analyst, or a software developer wanting to expand your role – and do you see yourself in a passionate and positive team, in a company with mission critical solutions for the defence industry?
At Terma we are guided by one overall purpose: To deliver security for countries, alliances, and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always the key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peacetimes and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. In space, we are engaged in reaching new frontiers and enabling people on our planet to deal with new and upcoming challenges. Terma puts an emphasis on diversity and brings passionate people together with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
The team and organization
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join a development team in our software organization in Søborg. The software you will help develop, provides situational awareness for the Danish Royal Navy through surveillance, maritime safety, and combat purposes at sea.
You will find your colleagues and involved customers to be open and welcoming, with a lot of knowledge they gladly share. You will be in a team of 8-10 people in the C2 organization of 80+ highly engaged colleagues, in an area of importance in Terma. We have a fun passion in our work, and we work together in stable, interdisciplinary, and self-managed teams based on the agile principles.
Your most important tasks
As a Systems Engineer you will work all the way, from understanding customer needs to integration of solutions at the customer and be responsible for requirement management, as well as function as a domain knowledge expert over time.
You will have a wide range of interfaces and close cooperation with other project participants, counting among other Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Testers, and Project Managers for the entire project. While you work, you will gain increasing responsibility of the overall product functionality and performance.
Primary tasks will be:
- To understand the situation of a customer and their needs, as well as the written and verbal communication, enabling you to transform this knowledge into a technical solution
- To be responsible for verification and validation of the complete solution in cooperation with software developers and test engineers
- To be an important sparring partner for your near colleagues in and outside the tea
You will also:
- Participate in test activities necessary to ensure system and project delivery – including tests onboard military vessels (in Denmark)
- Participate in the team scrum events like planning, refinement, retrospective, and review/demo
- Spare and knowledge share with your fellow systems engineers in the C2 organization
Your experience and education
You have a relevant education (e. g. engineering within software, electronics, physics etc), plus several years of experience, either as a systems engineer or having worked with several aspects of product development, and we therefore expect you to have most of the following:
- Experience in developing systems, mainly software with integration to hardware, preferable with agile development methods (Scrum)
- Experience working with a high abstraction level, e.g., product development tasks and/or customer specific project deliveries
- Used to producing system specifications and can carry through the technical solution according to these specifications, from the initial idea until end-of-life of the product
You as a person
- You can navigate in an interdisciplinary environment where solutions and deliverables are a result of an effective interaction between systems and software development
- You are a passionate team player, and you take pride in communicating actively and acting proactively towards your teammates and stakeholders
- You thrive in an environment with independent and overall responsibility for the technical part of a development project
- You are well articulated in writing and speaking, as a minimum in English, preferable also in Danish.
Bear in mind that candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance by the Danish national security agency. This entails that candidate, as a minimum, have stayed within NATO/EU for the last 7 years only interrupted by short stays abroad and have citizenship from a country that is member of NATO.
What can Terma offer you?
You will join us at our modern premises in Søborg. You will be a part of a high-tech, international, and creative working environment, in a demanding sector that offers many interesting challenges.
You will find opportunities for professional and personal development, as we believe that people make the real difference in our daily work and our future, and it is our focus to utilize your skills and help you develop your competences.
You will also be part of a very dedicated company characterized by professional pride and humour, which also offers a wide range of social- and gaming activities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.
Want to know more?
Feel free to contact René Hjorth, Senior Manager & Product Owner, via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile +45 2366 1742. Please submit your CV and application as soon as possible, as we will process applications continuously.
Please note, that to manage your application effectively and confidentially in our recruiting system, we only receive applications via our job portal.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.