Friendly neighborhood IT Technician wanted
Are you motivated by helping others with problems you understand but they don’t? Do you have a solid understanding of hardware, software, and cloud-based infrastructure? Then keep reading! We are looking for a service-minded and tech-savvy IT Technician for our growing office in Christianshavn, Copenhagen. The position is part-time and onsite but first and foremost crucial for the everyday workday of all our employees. Also, our office is such a fun place to work!
In Omnidocs we work with integrations – meaning taking data from third-party systems and injecting them into, for instance, a Word document. We believe in a data-first approach, and our software helps our customers adhere to this way of working. We also have several productivity tools for Microsoft Office, which take all shapes and sizes. We have a tool for creating on-brand charts or tables, and another tool that helps you create accessible PDFs per the new EU regulations.
We are always accepting and looking for new challenges. For this quest, we need an IT Technician to support us in every step, making sure that our setup is working flawlessly.
What’s the job about?
Your most essential task is to support us with the practical and high-level challenges that arise in a busy office where everyone depends on their tools to work – hardware as well as software. Your tasks will include:
- Helping your co-workers with their hardware, network, and software issues
- Enroll new computers via Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Manage existing devices and policies via Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Manage users via Azure Active Directory
- Manage licenses for our different software products, and govern access
- Manage our network setup, firewall, and wireless APs (the occasional re-arranging of cables in the patch panels)
- Maintaining our stock of laptops and peripherals and helping to order new items when stock gets low
- Troubleshooting software issues for Office, Windows, Adobe, Slack, and more
- Troubleshoot existing hardware (laptops and peripherals) and be able to perform upgrades to for instance battery, RAM, or otherwise
- Setting up monitors, switches, and network cables
- Maintain our free seating workplaces and make sure that they are fully functional
In the long run, your responsibilities and work tasks will depend on your competencies and personal ambitions as we are a company that supports our employees in their individual development.
What kind of company is Omnidocs?
Our approach to how we work is closely aligned with our core values – take a look at our company values and our employer branding video on our career site and you’ll get a good idea of who we are.
We believe that work should be both fun, engaging, challenging, and meaningful – and then some! Helpful and understanding colleagues, small talk and friendly jokes, good coffee, and awesome lunch in beautiful surroundings are just some of the big extras you will find in a workplace like Omnidocs. We do social activities such as soccer, boat trips in the canals of Christianshavn, LAN parties, and Friday bars, just as we occasionally experience the world outside Omnidocs together. Recently we enjoyed a retreat on the Swedish west coast and in May we spent a couple of glorious days in the luxurious spa Hotel Marienlyst in Northern Sealand.
Our office is newly renovated and located in the heart of the historic neighborhood Christianshavn, surrounded by canals and great little cafés and restaurants. We enjoy our lunch in the fabulous local Italian restaurant called Undici. We have plenty of light and air while being close to everything – including the metro, the canals, and the city center.
Who are you?
There are no requirements for your educational background, but you find the following description pretty accurate should you put words on your professional skill set.
- You enjoy working with hardware and software and have a higher-than-average understanding of both
- You are service-minded, helping comes naturally to you
- You think cloud-based infrastructures are the coolest thing ever
- When you see a physical server, you immediately wonder if it is absolutely essential to have on
- You are a nerd, all things technical are appealing to you
- Maybe you enjoy gaming, and understand exactly why the ultimate power would be the RTX 3090, but you are still unwilling to sacrifice that redundant kidney you have, to afford it
- You like to have fun, but you understand that technical issues can be debilitating and take responsibility for making sure people feel helped
- You are practical and orderly
- You speak and write fluent English
Lastly, you must be able to work (onsite) 25-30 hours per week.
How to Apply
Upload application and CV via the "Apply online" button below preferably as soon as possible, we will review applicants on an ongoing basis. Please note: You can keep it simple! An application is not a writing contest, and half a page can easily be sufficient, just remember to include how you see YOU (interests and competencies) in this specific role. You can write more, of course, but don’t let your expectations of how long, academic, or well-worded an application should be, stop you from applying. Also – we accept applications and CVs in both Danish and English.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Chief Technology Officer, Martin Rafn Møller, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Chief People & Culture Officer, Thanya Bryndum Hoff-Lund, email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Omnidocs was established as SkabelonDesign in 2004, and in 2021 we changed our name to Omnidocs. Today, there are 83 people in our office in Copenhagen We are currently expanding with the opening of an office in New York, which we share with Templafy. We have more than 2,000,000 users worldwide, and on the global scene, we serve clients such as UBS, Novo Nordisk, Maersk, Accenture, EY, PWC, Lincoln Financial Group, Colliers, KPMG, Vestas, Ericsson, Dentons, Carlsberg, and Nestlé.
Processing of personal data
By registering in our HR system, BambooHR, and uploading both application and CV, you accept that Omnidocs stores the registered data about you as well as the data which is included in the uploaded documents. All information is used solely for recruitment purposes and will be deleted within 12 months of upload. Please do not include person-sensitive data in the application and CV, e.g. CPR number, information about race, religion, trade union conditions, and, health information. You can read about Omnidocs’ guidelines for processing personal data here.