Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Are you a seasoned infrastructure engineer? Are you passionate about technology? Are you motivated by always pursuing the very best technical solutions? Do you like responsibility and teamwork? Are you a person who is not content by maintaining status quo, but is always pushing to improve?
Centrica Energy Trading is in the middle of a technological transformation and is looking to add resources to our IT Operations team. We are modernizing our platform and have a strong ambition to build out a best-in-class hybrid platform.
Some more information
Some of your daily operational tasks includes, but is not limited to, managing our Cisco based tech stack (Cisco UCS), manage and support our VMware infrastructure and support and manage our storage platforms. You will also support what is primarily a Windows based operation, with a desire and ambition to expand further into the cloud (Azure and AWS).
You will architect, support, manage and troubleshoot a variety of services, so you have experience from wearing many different hats at the same time.
You are well versed with the concepts of standardization, automation, processes and transparency.
- Manage and support our VMware infrastructure
- Manage and support our Cisco UCS stack.
- Manage and support our Nimble & Netapp storage devices
- Establish procedures for standardization and automation
- Play a central role in strengthening our monitoring and reporting mechanisms
- Capacity management and governance
- You will be part of our AHS (After Hours Support) rotation.
- You will be involved in projects interfacing with our owners in the UK
- You will be exposed to troubleshooting a variety of services, such as O365, load-balancers and similar.
What do we expect from you?
You are a person with experience. You’ve made mistakes, but you are not afraid to make new ones. You are structured and can work alone, but you are also willing and capable to work with others. You always push to continuously improve on a personal level, but also on a technological level. You are curious, and eager to learn by travelling to different events to pick up new ideas you can take home.
- We think you’ve had approx. 7-10 years’ worth of experience from the tech industry
- Although exposed to problems in areas outside your core skillsets, you are not afraid to dive in and help.
- You have some experience with cloud technologies – preferably hybrid models
- Experience from using Jira Kanban boards/Service Desk a plus but not a requirement
- You have experience with building and maintaining high-availability, multi-regional data centers
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience from the energy sector or financial/banking industry a plus, but not a requirement
- You are an easy and outgoing person who can appreciate a good laugh now and then
“These are exciting times indeed. We are in a position where we get to start all over again. Every IT guy out there knows that a complete reboot of the tech platform is not something you get to do every day. We are now building a brand-new platform based on next generation tech. We are not settling for second best, we are going all in, and cannot wait until we are wheels up. Not only are we building a brand-new environment, but we are also investing heavily in security, and a multitude of different security projects in the pipeline. Yes, we’re moving fast, but there’s a method to the madness, and we are really looking forward to adding resources to our team" – Kenneth (Head of IT Operations).
We bring our best
In IT Operations we are passionate about our work, but we also prioritize the social environment. We have an informal tone, and you will feel part of the team from the very beginning. We work in a high paced environment and manage many tasks at once, but at the same time, we have flexible work hours to ensure a good work-life balance. At Centrica we have an energetic culture, which means that new exciting challenges and projects constantly arise, which in turn requires a best in-class IT platform.
What can we offer?
Besides an exciting workplace in constant development and with room for ideas, we also offer an attractive salary according to individual agreement, a pension scheme, health insurance and canteen scheme.
We promise you an unpretentious work environment at a high professional level with good colleagues and opportunities for professional as well as personal development. Finally, we have a very active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities, where colleagues from the entire company meet. #LI-CET
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply online' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply online’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.