Junior Solution Architect
Job Req Number: 56845
Time Type: Full Time
Are you ready to start your career within IT in one of the very best performing companies in the Transport and Logistics industry in the world? Then join us at DSV, in our state-of the-art HQ in Hedehusene, Denmark.
With this position, you will be joining the exciting and growing IT department, Commercial Applications & Integrations IT (CAI) within DSV Global IT.
In the department, we develop and maintain DSV’s IT infrastructure and automate the exchange of electronic data between DSV and our customers. We integrate systems and applications as well as Lead Logistics that orchestrates the supply chain services which again enable supply chain transformation for our customers. We are dedicated to creating IT solutions which enable the digital transformation and meets the requirements of our customers and can optimize business areas within our domain.
As our Junior Solution Architect, you will have a key role in supporting and assisting the shaping of DSV´s commercial applications of tomorrow, making them able to handle the challenges of an increasingly complex and automated global setup. To succeed, you will work together with and under the guidance of Senior Solution Architect Uffe Stig Hartung Petersen in viewing solutions and applications holistically to deliver value in a sustainable way. We will make sure that you will experience a well-planned progress in the tasks presented to you and a steep learning curve. So, if you get motivated by finding solutions to business requirements and in time drive their implementation, this job could be a great match for you.
Your main task will be to support and assist our Senior Solution Architect in analysing complex business problems/requirements and produce solution designs that allows the workflow of our delivery teams.
- Assist in specifying technologies, application and infrastructure architecture considering reusability, standardization, and a cost focus
- Support the production and maintenance of solution documentation in alignment with DSV’s documentation standards and our strategy
- Assist and in time drive solution implementation according to designs and the governance around the CAI applications
- Support changes to solutions, updating the solution design and documentation accordingly
- Collaborate with our Senior Solution Architect in the advisement, guidance and resolution of technical issues and challenges faced by engineering teams
- Assist processes and engage with business stakeholders, product & platform owners to create alignment on scope and solution design
These responsibilities require that you will act as both a technical problem-solver as well as a high-level architect.
Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field. You have a passion for and preferably knowledge of application/solution architecture or solution design. We would like a Junior Solution Architect with a clear drive and passion for the logistics solutions industry.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply best standards practices in software development and enterprise application architecture methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply best standards and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to communicate on different levels of abstraction depending on the target group
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience, and common sense
- Ability to collaborate and successfully support and communicate with our Senior Solution Architect
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing in English
Join a global IT Organisation
Commercial Applications & Integrations IT (CAI) is a part of Global IT in DSV. Global IT is a growing and integral part of the operations of DSV, one of the world’s largest logistics providers. Each day, we work to constantly achieve new breakthroughs and provide new intelligent products for our customers.
We continuously utilise our knowledge and skills to enhance our technological capabilities, boost our position in the industry, and accelerate the growth and success of DSV. With talented teams, a booming innovation lab and technological portfolio, we offer our employees the chance to boost their careers by developing and exposing themselves to intelligent state-of-the-art technologies, implemented on a global scale across DSV’s vast international network.
At DSV, we play a significant role in global logistics operations as one of the world’s largest transport and logistics providers. Looking forward, we are on a mission to become a technological leader within our field, setting the standard for the rest of the industry. Are you up for the challenge of making DSV an industry leader in technology? Then “Forward Your Career” and join us today.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Uffe Stig Hartung Petersen, Senior Solution Architect on +45 61944709 or contact by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.