Head of Software Engineering for the Xact Product Family
We invite you to bring your strategic, IT and commercial skills into play as you lead three product teams in developing world class it-products. To succeed in this role, you must have a commercial mindset and a high technical insight. Are you our new Head of Software Engineering?
You will join the Stakeholder Intelligence family
Ramboll Stakeholder Intelligence develops and sells a range of digital platforms for collecting and analyzing Stakeholder Intelligence. Our product portfolio consists of a range of software products including SurveyXact and “Heart & Mind”. SurveyXact is the leading questionnaire tool in Scandinavia. “Heart & Mind” is a platform to support childcare workers’, teachers’, and managers’ in their work to enhance the quality of day care and schools and is utilized by 94 municipalities in Denmark.
As per 1st of September we will be organized in two product families – Solutions and Xact, and we are looking for a Head of Software Engineering for the Xact product family.
About the job
As Head of Software Engineering, you will be managing our technology organization for the Xact product family, and you will become a part of the leadership team of Stakeholder Intelligence IT, where you will have a close collaboration with our CTO, the Design Manager and the Head of Software Engineering for the Solutions family.
As Head of Software Engineering you will lead a growing technology organization of 13 Software Engineers and 5 Student programmers organized in three product teams: SurveyXact, PeopleXact and EngageXact. Besides Software Engineers our product teams are also composed of a Product Manager and a Product Designer.
You will be a success when:
- Our Software Engineers are motivated and engaged
- Our product teams deliver value fast with high confidence
- Your organization delivers on our strategy which, among other things will consist of a modernized approach to our architecture and ways of working
Your key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Lead the three Xact teams
- Actively foster a high bar for engineering excellence within the Xact product teams
- Support, coach and develop engineers in their career through regular 1:1s and continuous feedback ensuring high motivation and engagement
- Have a key role in the implementation of our new strategy for how to develop our products by leveraging new technology and agile practices
- Ensuring close and effective cross-functional cooperation between the technology organization and other departments in Ramboll
- Recruiting new talent for our teams ensuring that we have the right profiles and team composition
- You will have a close collaboration with the Stakeholder IT Leadership team, and will furthermore participate in a range of activities ranging from vision setting and strategy development to budgeting and compliance with your colleagues
- Experience with software development as a e.g. a software developer or similar whereby you have acquired a strong technical understanding and credibility. Preferably you have experience from software product development in a cloud-based setup with a high degree of utilization of devOps processes such as CI/CD or test driven development.
- Several years of experience from a managerial position
- Effective leadership and coaching skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Deep insight into the values, processes, and technical practices that enables agile and effective technology organisations
- Solid business acumen and a drive to create results
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in the role
- You have a growth mindset, you are curious and have a will to challenge the existing.
- You are used to setting the bar high, and motivating a high performance culture. Furthermore you have the ability to coach others to achieve their goals.
- You are collaborative towards colleagues and have a focus on winning together.
Why we think you should join Rambøll Stakeholder Intelligence
As our new Head of Software Engineering you will have a great role in ensuring that our people and teams grow while they deliver products that delight our users and customers.
Besides a great job and friendly and talented colleagues we also offer a competitive salary and great benefits, such as 24 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave, work from home options, a great canteen and much more.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945, with 16,000 employees globally. In Denmark, we are 3,600 colleagues delivering innovative solutions within Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future, working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
Application Deadline: 10-10-2022.