Enterprise Architect for Operations & Platforms
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions, that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC, you will be part of a transformation of our organization and the financial technology solutions.
We are looking for an enterprise architect for Operations & Platforms
We are looking for an experienced enterprise architect to be part of a very strong team consisting of approx. 60 architects and data stewards. Enterprise Architecture has been given the mandate to set the architectural vision and plan for the next 3 years, and to do this, we need strong architects that can lead BEC the right way.
As an enterprise architect in Operations & Platforms, you will have a central role in influencing and further developing BEC's foundation by ensuring a robust and scalable architecture that can grow in line with business needs.
BEC is working on a new strategy where several significant changes are to be made – this asks for a strong enterprise architectural guidance.
BEC has optimal conditions for creating a relevant and value-creating architecture. We have an agile approach and mindset which allows us to draw on knowledge across business areas, Infrastructure & Business Optimization, teams, customers, and IT professionalism. You can look forward to a job with a wide touch and a lot of variety in the tasks, that you are doing.
You will be based in Roskilde.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
As an enterprise architect for Operations & Platforms, you will be a key player driving and supporting the platform transformation BEC is heading. This will be in close collaboration with Strategy & Transformation architects with interface to EA’s in business divisions. You will be a part of a team that contributes significantly to maturity of the architecture discipline in BEC by setting standards, guide with principles and identify core patterns to use in the transformation.
Some of your tasks will be:
- Define and lead central platform enablers
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the development of the future infrastructure has the right technical and financial composition
- Plan, develop and continuously improve BEC's enterprise architecture and ensure anchoring internally and with customers
- Be an advocate for new and growing platforms including Azure Cloud
- Provide insights and inspire business domains to take advantage of platform capabilities
- Prepare strategy, goals, and roadmap for domains in a trusting collaboration with management and other colleagues at various levels in the organization
- Contribute to the general EA and strategy work
We are looking for you, who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background as an engineer, computer scientist, or you have another qualifying background and several years of experience with architecture and strategic work in a larger organization. We expect you to have an in-depth understanding of the Enterprise Architecture discipline gained through several years of experience. You know infrastructure designed just right can make a significant difference for a business. You want to be at the forefront to ensure coherence and show the way. You are a distinct team player – visionary and innovative – and have strong communication skills.
BEC provides banking infrastructure for 40+ financial institutes. The system landscape consists of platforms such as Mainframe, on premise OpenShift Kubernetes cluster, Azure Cloud Platform, SaaS in various clouds and integrations between these based on Event Streaming, API’s, MQ and CDC. A good understanding of several of these platforms will be an advantage.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we also expect you to identify strongly with the following qualifications and competences:
- Able to oversee complexity and building a bridge between technology and business
- Structured and analytical
- Thrive on working with customers and vendors
- Power to take leadership and responsibility in your work, deliveries, and the change processes you participate in
- Can map a system landscape and point out opportunities or consolidations
- Understanding of various banking concepts like Payments and Anti Money Laundry and knowing the Quality Attributes that drives the architecture.
- Experience within platform transformation and transitional architectures
- Able to manage stakeholder relationships and communicate at any level from C level to developers
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than October 21, 2022. If you have any questions related to the position, please do not hesitate to contact Jakob Dahl Christiansen, manager Enterprise Architecture on +45 61 56 80 52.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.