IT Project Manager
Nordic RCC is searching for an IT Project Manager who will be responsible for leading our internal projects, proactively supporting implementation of PM best practices by business representatives, facilitating collaboration and involvement of internal and external stakeholders and ensuring smooth cooperation with IT development team. Your daily workplace will be in our office in Copenhagen Towers, Ørestad.
Responsible for project management, including stakeholder and vendor management
As a Project Manager you will ensure coordination, completion and delivery of the projects. You will take lead in all the processes of time and resource planning, scope definition, stakeholders’ coordination, risk management, monitoring and tracking the project progress and reporting on it. You will work closely with the business teams that may consist of both internal and external parties, as well as with development teams. In addition to this, it will be your responsibility to ensure the definition and tracking of deliverables along with maintaining a comprehensive project documentation supported by clear and continuous communication.
Reporting to the Head of Project Implementation your main responsibilities are:
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the project, build and continuously update and communicate long- and short-term plans with milestones and deadlines.
- Ensure structured, well-organized and transparent to all involved parties approach to running a project.
- Establish and facilitate a smooth collaboration between project requestors, business experts, end users, SW architects, IT development and testing teams.
- Proactively support timely involvement of relevant internal or external stakeholders and specialists.
- Assign tasks to the project team members considering their fitness, efficiency and impact on the project performance in different constellations.
- Adjust project plan, scope, resources and manage risks in conjunction with other projects in the portfolio along with managing of the awareness of potential interdependencies.
- Monitor project progress, assess project performance and report on it.
- Plan and drive transition from project to operational phase ensuring a structured and well-prepared handover.
- Lead the project team throughout the full life cycle of a project, providing a big picture and detail when needed.
Proactive position with customer-oriented mindset and excellent communication skills
The ideal candidate is expected to have an education at BA or MA level in computer science, engineering or project management, but experience from a similar role is more important.
Furthermore your key skills are:
- A well-developed understanding of IT project management and ability to utilize industry best practices, techniques and standards separately and in combination that fits the concrete project.
- Solid time management and organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to see and communicate a big picture and synergies with other projects in the portfolio.
- Excellent stakeholder and expectations management skills.
- Ability to lead a cross-discipline project team and deliver a value to internal and external stakeholders with different interests.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising a project team.
- Ability to recognize challenges early and proactively seek the resolution.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
On the personal level you are communicative, responsible, structured and have a strong focus on finding a solution to a (potential) problem.
Application deadline and contact information
Please apply online in English no later than 30 November 2022. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
The job requires security clearance, which will be facilitated by Nordic RCC.
Contacts: Tetiana Voloshyna
The Nordic Coordination Center (RCC) is a joint office for the four electricity Transmission System Operators (TSOs) in the Nordic region: Energinet, Statnett, Svenska Kraftnät and Fingrid, who also own Nordic RCC.
The power systems in the Nordic area and in Europe in general are becoming increasingly integrated and are going through massive changes in meeting ambitious climate goals.
This calls for greater cooperation between national TSOs. The Copenhagen-based Nordic RCC embodies the strong Nordic cooperation needed to maintain reliable power supply and the operational security of the power systems across Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark - now and in the future.
Nordic RCC is a data-driven organization with approximately 50 colleagues, mainly engineers and IT professionals. We have a fun working environment in our office in Copenhagen Towers, Ørestad, but we also offer workplace flexibility to ensure a healthy work-life balance.