Digital Product Designer
As a Digital Product Designer, you play a key role in the creative team. You are an expert in user-centred design. Together with a creative lead, researcher, visual designer, front-end developer and client stakeholders you work on a variety of projects, from understanding to concept to prototype to delivery. Your work goes far beyond just creating screens. You feel responsible for context, customer journey, and content, and integrate them into your design. Because your passion is to constantly make digital products a bit better and more user-friendly.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100:CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. You get to work on large-scale digital solutions that have a meaningful impact on people's everyday life, from healthcare to the future of mobility. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
About the Team/Business Unit:
Cognizant Digital Experience Studios is the internal design agency of Cognizant. We solve business problems using designs that are based on a well-founded understanding of people’s needs. We contribute to the product vision, scope, functionality and approach, all the way to figuring out the details of how a product works for its users. We work agile and actively look for proof of the value UX adds to a project. We collaborate across our studios in Europe (Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam, London, Frankfurt, Madrid and Zurich) so you get to work with a diverse group of people and international clients.
The ideal candidate for digital product designer is confident, ambitious, self-aware and combines a sharp analytical ability with professional empathy. Strong communication and presentation skills are put to good use in conversations with stakeholders and users. The challenge is to craft pragmatic solutions for complex problems that stand up to rigorous testing. You define problems and solve them using an evidence-based rationale. You think about systems and the people using them, not just the user interface.
You manage well with other fields related to Interaction Design: you know your methodologies, when to use them and have done that in previous projects. In the team you are responsible for making it work, making it feel good and to present your ideas in an effective manner.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in interaction design, UX or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Experience working as a digital product designer for large clients
- You understand the dynamics of a large/corporate company
- You appreciate the value of working with people from a diverse background
- You are a team player who can help grow the designer culture in Copenhagen
- You speak English and preferably Danish on a professional level
- In the Nordic design team (Oslo and Copenhagen) you contribute to the atmosphere and expertise of yourself and your peers.
Required & nice to have Skills:
Digital product Designers work out the best way to let users interact with services, in terms of both overall flow and at the level of individual design elements.
You may be asked to do a number of different things on a number of projects; this could include any or all of these things:
- Product proposition and framing: defining product scope, purpose, and how it will meet user and business needs based on agreed priorities and insight
- Developing and framing hypotheses and capturing assumptions to be tested
- Defining measures: testing assumptions from multiple hypotheses and articulating desired outcomes and defining metrics to measure success
- Identify constraints and communicate about these, and work within them. Challenge the validity of constraints and ensure standards are being met
- Prototype and usability testing: planning and conducting testing with users and making decisions based on evidence
- Product prototyping: applying technical knowledge and experience to create or design workable prototypes in different levels of fidelity (paper, clickable and code)
- Interface design: crafting flows and visual designs that are accessible, meet user needs, and deliver the best possible user experience, establishing design patterns as well as implementing existing design systems
- Collaborating with development teams: translating designs into user stories, moving products from alpha/prototyping into live services at scale and acting on feedback from product users of live services, such as web analytics
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
t. + 49 69 272269500 | m. + 49 172 7848629