Mechanical Engineer with strong IT skills
Do you want to be involved in developing new technologies for our engine builders? Do you want to work in an exciting international company that offers good development opportunities, a high degree of freedom, and a large customer circle in everyday life? If so, read this:
About 90 % of the world’s trade is moved by marine transport, and are responsible for 2-3 % of the world’s CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions. MAN Energy Solutions, as a global leader in marine solutions, has committed itself to eliminate carbon emissions in our engine platforms by 2050. That’s why our engine systems are undergoing rapid development. They are constantly optimized with the latest fuel and exhaust systems technology, just as the structural and moving parts in the engines are continuously optimized and further developed.
What are you going to do?
Digitalization of engine production is a key element for the optimization of our engine. We are in the first steps of developing a specific app solution to easily exchange data with our suppliers of engine components. If you want to influence the digitalization and development of a new solution to ensure that our new engine technologies are produced efficiently and with the highest quality level, then you could be the person we are looking for.
As Mechanical Engineer at MAN Energy Solutions you will:
- Develop a new digitalized solution for the use of quality checks of the components produced by our suppliers. This includes the development of the aforementioned app, remote inspection, data validation of results, production optimization, etc.
- Integrate new digitalization techniques such as IR, acoustic, image reconnection, video, vibration acceleration, etc.
- Collaborate closely with other technical departments in the organization to ensure the highest technical requirements are implemented in a user-friendly way
- Test and optimization of newly developed solutions for end users mainly in Asia. The travel activity is estimated to be between 2 to 4 weeks per year
- Enable knowledge of collected data to optimize the engine design and prediction of a lifetime for the components.
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Have a background as a mechanical engineer, MSc or BSc., production engineer, or similar
- Have a strong interest or experience in at least one computer programming language.
- Know or would like to learn modern IT solutions: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Nintex Workflow Cloud, PowerBi, Power Automate, Sharepoint, SAP
- Have good spoken and written English skills, and the ability to convey theoretical knowledge to user-friendly guides
- Are innovative and able to think outside the box to find the right solutions
- Have a systematic approach to tasks and independent work management
- Have knowledge of 3D Cad. We use NX / Unigraphics as a design tool
How is my new team/area of business?
The department is responsible for the product maturation of new engine technologies that our licensees can produce in an appropriate manner. This is done by describing manufacturing, assembly methods, and test scenarios in an easy-to-understand format as documents, apps, etc. We are a small team with individual competencies in different areas. There is a relaxed and open atmosphere with a great sense of humor in the team.
A member of your team describe it as follows: ’’For me being part of this department is like my second home. I sometimes like to compare it with a Marvel superhero team: each member has their own qualities and strengths. But together we are invincible.’’
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn, and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributing to a carbon-neutral economy.
What can Man Energy Solutions offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have several other employee benefits, which among other things include:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy, etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach your CV, application letter, and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 11 December 2022. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Manager, Per Brandt by phone at +45 33 85 28 41. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability, and ethnic background to apply for this position.