Senior Software Developer
We are hiring a senior developer for our IT department. This position is for you, if you enjoy a varied workday where the fruits of your labor are used immediately, and if you want influence within a leading energy trading company.
Within the field of software development, this in an exciting position, and a position you can sculpt to your liking. As a senior software developer, you have a natural drive and love to take lead of complex design and delivery initiatives. Moreover, you are technically very skilled and love learning new technology, to name but a few from the last year at Centrica: AWS, Humio, MongoDB and K8S. All supporting our Cloud first agenda.
You will be hired based on your skills as well as your desires.
We expect that you,
- have a relevant education within computer science
- have a passion for delivering high quality software solutions
- like close collaboration with internal customers on all phases of a products life cycle
- show leadership in design and development
- strive to learn and understand the energy trading business domain
- like to explore new technologies and continuously expand you and your team’s skill set
In addition, it would be an advantage to be familiar with some of the items in our stack
- C# (experience with the latest language features would be a plus)
- unit testing and automated testing in general
- Angular, WPF
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- RabbitMQ, Serilog, Humio
- GitLab, Jenkins and Octopus
- MSSQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL
You should be business oriented and enjoy a busy and varied day. We regularly test new ideas and methods no one has tried before – so it is important that you are self-driven and show initiative.
Nice to have/Should have
- Have prior experience working on MT (Meta Trading) platform
- ETRM Experience
- Worked in broker dealer quote platform
- Worked in providing trading analytics software for price forecasting and commodities demand projection
- Good understanding of Linear Programming and Optimization
Working at Centrica
As a developer, you will be a part of a skilled Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team in our development department, which consists of more than 70 colleagues. You can look forward to a diverse role where you will work with different sorts of technologies and development tasks with focus on software development in C# .NET and automated tests to enable continuous delivery.
At Centrica Energy Trading we embrace change. Requirements may change daily, and we deliver several new versions of our software every day. Thanks to a micro-service architecture, continuous delivery, and close cooperation with our in-house customers, we get immediate feedback which is as rewarding as it is challenging.
We recognize that a career in Software Development requires continuous learning. We engage our employees in Guilds driving both technical innovation, process improvements and social activities. Our Skills Guild drive learning activities such as Hackathons, Study Groups and Brown Bag Sessions, and our Social and Work Life Guild drive frequent social events such as department events, Friday Bars etc. We also have an active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities – ranging from Foosball tournaments to LAN Parties – bringing in people from the entire Aalborg or Copenhagen office.
Copenhagen or Aalborg.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.