Student Software Engineer
Could you see yourself growing and thriving in a dynamic global culture, working on big and innovative projects, building a happier and healthier world? Then a student placement at Lenus could be the dream opportunity you've been looking for.
Who are we looking for?
As a student engineer, you will be given the tasks and resources to develop and contribute to our feature-rich system in collaboration with your team of talented co-workers, gradually taking on more responsibility according to your career aspirations.
You’ll become an essential part of our product team working closely with designers, product managers and fellow support engineers in moving the product forward and caring for it to be the best.
What you’ll do
As a Student Software Engineer, your mission will be to:
- Help move our product efforts forward by taking on smaller feature requests and improving our codebase.
- Learn and adopt best practices in software engineering design, testing, documentation, deployment, and operations.
- Get to know development rituals and join discussions around different platform initiatives.
- Being an integral shield for the team you’ll be working with, helping them reduce context switching and fulling our ambitions.
- Take occasional charge in troubleshooting and maintaining high quality and achieving low bug counts in our core products.
We use well-established technologies e.g. Node.js, reactJs and PostgreSQL and we are keen on trying out new things to challenge how we do things today. You’ll get to work with:
- Technologies - Node.js (TypeScript), PostgreSQL, GraphQL
- Frameworks - Apollo, React, React Native, styled components, Jest, Expo, Material UI
- Services - Github, CircleCI, Heroku, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud
The skills and experience we imagine you have
- Are pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Are an Engineer at heart (please, see https://www.notion.so/lenus/Engineers-at-heart-6232f941df4b4b26828c4ca578abb83f)
- Have some relevant experience in hands-on software development
- Have a solid written and verbal communication level in English, are able to clearly articulate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Familiar with at least one front-end (preferably React) and / or back-end (preferably Node.js) tech stack
- Preferably have experience in working with relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Are up for non-work initiatives such as our morning runs, team events and regular Lenus social events
Aside from the opportunity to work with incredibly talented people, joining the Lenus team means being a part of a team where positive vibes are constant and no two days are alike. Though we value the headspace to get things done, we genuinely enjoy spending time with each other.
Join us on our trailblazing adventure and experience the following benefits:
- A playground for you to grow, learn and develop as an Engineer in the direction you prefer: In a growing team, there will be a demand for both a high degree of specialization as well as a broader perspective of a generalist. We want to help you develop into your next position and hope it is going to be with us!
- Dive into geeky get-togethers such as MeetUps, Workcation, Hackafun (Lenus' version of Hackathon), monthly Product Events and Front-end and Back-end Clubs where we experiment and play with shiny new things.
- We enjoy spending time together in the office yet understand that sometimes we all need the space to focus, that’s why we offer hybrid working solutions - ask us about it!
- Tech equipment of your choice.
- Delicious office snacks and drinks, and a nourishing lunch daily!
- A fast growing, engaging, young-spirited, and informal work environment with over 400 dedicated colleagues representing over 50 nationalities.
Our Journey from Scale-Up to Unicorn
Lenus is the world’s leading health-tech platform in pursuit of global health and happiness!
Lenus provides the world’s leading & next-generation coaches, including fitness experts, nutritionists, athletes, mindset & habit coaches, with the platform and tools to provide a greater number of people with access to the expertise they need to live happier and healthier lives.
Using the Lenus all-in-one platform, coaches can efficiently manage their clients, even as their business scales significantly. They can create tailored and effective meal and workout plans, as well as personalized habit and mindset coaching programs, based on the individual needs of their clients.
We are strategically leading the way in health-tech innovation to fuel happier and healthier lives around the world.
Today, Lenus is headquartered in Copenhagen, with offices in New York, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, and SoCal.
Is this opportunity calling you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a few sentences describing why you’re the one we are looking for.
We care about your privacy, personal data and information at Lenus.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Specific to EU applicants:
Lenus will treat all personal information collected during the recruitment process with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. We rely on the lawful basis of Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR to process the information provided by you in the recruitment process.
Specific to California applicants:
Lenus will treat all personal information collected during the recruitment process with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation.