Senior Solution Architect
Are you a curious person that seeks solutions even in complicated scenarios? Do you enjoy having the helicopter view on many areas and be the bridge between business and IT?
Grab this opportunity to ensure that our portfolio remains efficient and relevant – and make your mark on a new team in an international company with a never-ending growth spurt.
“To me, it’s all about the infinite opportunities this role offers. You’ll get to know all aspects of our technology landscape, grow within the company, take ownership of your tasks and have the freedom to do things your way,” explains Panos Holst Mitkas, Senior Manager, Solutions IT.
Join our newly established team
You will be joining Solutions IT in Global IT at our HQ in Hedehusene as part of the newly established Core Applications team, which is responsible for the core applications and digital products across DSV. In the still growing team, you will be welcomed by dedicated colleagues who work from different locations in Denmark, the Netherlands, Singapore and India.
Together, we maintain our application portfolio, which spans across freight management, costumer facing portals, claims management, fairs & events and return management – just to name a few.
“We’re building the team from scratch, so you’ll have the opportunity to influence both the team and how we operate,” Panos elaborates.
Design and maintain our application portfolio
As senior solution architect, you will be playing an important role in setting the direction for our solution architecture and application landscape. Your main task will be to design and maintain our application portfolio in its entirety, just as you will explore new digital products and solutions that can enable and continue our digital transformation.
Doing so, you will be handling multiple ongoing tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment with a lot of flexibility and freedom to structure your day. More specifically, you can look forward to:
- Compile high level and detailed architecture designs from business requirements.
- Use DSV standards and patterns in designs as defined in cooperation with Enterprise architecture (EA).
- Passion for tech. Innovator, who seeks and develops ideas and participates in innovation projects.
- Reviewing our road map and assisting in the design of our future application portfolio
- Taking a hands-on approach to new initiatives and participating in implementations
- Participate in meetings with key stakeholders and provide guidance and recommendation to the business
- Ensure design focus on standardization, scalability, stability, sustainability, security, and cost effectiveness
- Mergers & Acquisition. From due diligence work to execution and recommendation on migration approach, risk mitigation and synergy realization.
You have a strong technical backbone
You probably have a relevant degree in IT, but you could just as easily be self-taught. The important thing is that you understand application architecture and are up to date on market trends and eager to explore new technologies.
Also, you have excellent stakeholder management skills and aren’t afraid to speak up and challenge the business when you spot room for improvement.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Have solid all-round technical experience
- Communicator, ability to speak and be understood in all layers of the business.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the following: application architecture, data architecture, technical architecture, IT governance and security.
- A TOGAF or similar certification will be a plus but not required if experience can be demonstrated by other means.
- Know your way around cloud infrastructure and traditional infrastructure, such as data centers and networks
- Know how to translate needs and requirements into solutions that can be implemented
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Senior Manager Panos Holst Mitkas at +45 25417894
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.