Software developer for business-critical IT product
Are you a curious software developer, motivated by the craft? Are you experienced in .NET, Java or similar? And would you like to join a team with unprecedented humour? If yes, yes and yes, then you might be the new software developer we are looking for to join our Software Development – ETRM team!
Software Development – Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) at Danske Commodities (DC)
As our new software developer in our ETRM team, you will join a team that builds and maintains the centralised trade capturing, position exposure and risk management system landscape of DC. The team supports the entire value chain, from providing relevant market position data to the trading teams and capturing the trades to calculating the value of our positions used as input to determine our risk profile and supporting the confirmation and settlement processes.
Our tech stack is primarily based on the newest .NET versions on which we develop distributed systems using a splash of DDD. We use Apache Pulsar for brokering messages as well as data across the wire (we are proud contributors to the DotPulsar library). We talk REST or gRPC when synchronous communication is appropriate. MSSQL is our go-to database. Software delivery is of course continuous and automated, and we deploy primarily on traditional VMs. All of this is always a moving target as better technologies that can have a positive impact on our ability to deliver reliable and performant systems come along.
You will join a diverse product team of committed developers and business experts, all motivated by their craft. We are always curious, and together we eagerly seek out new tech, practices and methodologies to discuss with each other. The culture is informal, and the humour is unprecedented (by our own accounts). We love to get together for movie nights, go-karting, boardgames, dinners and everything in between.
Your journey as our new software developer
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the role, your tasks and the technologies we use at DC. The key to short-term success is to gain domain knowledge while working on user stories that will take you through dedicated parts of the product. You will be part of designing new systems in cross-functional projects and will have a direct impact on the full project lifecycle. Also, you will be part of the largest project DC has undertaken to date when we expand the ETRM product to encompass all our gas trading activities together with our parent company Equinor. In time, you will become a trusted sparring partner for the business and have a very direct influence on the direction and development of the product. The ETRM product is critical to all parts of our business and over time you will become an expert in every part of the energy trading domain.
"No feat is too small to celebrate with cake" - Christian Hiort Schubert, Manager, Head of Software Development.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- develop software in a complex domain – and engage our business to ensure outstanding solutions
- participate in full project cycles, from inception to delivery, using agile practices
- nurture a coherent application architecture that is fit for purpose
- extend the third party ETRM system Allegro to match DC’s requirements
- develop and extend upon our vast Integration Layer to capture and expose trades, quantity distributions, etc. from all relevant sources
We expect that you:
- are experienced in .NET, Java or similar
- have the ability to reason about distributed systems and complex products
- take a holistic approach to system design, from requirements to operations
- understand best practices within code design (SOLID, OOP, Clean code, etc.)
We expect that you:
- are a curious software developer, motivated by the craft and solving problems. We like to explore and find new ways. As such, you will feel at home if you love to discuss new tech or how to solve interesting business challenges
- are a team player who enjoys collaboration. No challenge is too big, and none too small; your team is there for you
- want to grow the people around you and yourself – you are willing to coach and spar with team members to improve the software craftsmanship in the team
- enjoy paving the way for business users by providing excellent support and clearing away issues
Get in touch
Christian Hiort Schubert
Manager, Head of Software Development
+45 2990 2559
26./12. 2022. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.