Data engineer for business-critical IT product
Do you thrive on developing great data solutions? And would you like the opportunity to take ownership of a central IT product’s data layer of a global tech trading company? Then you might be the data engineer we are currently looking for!
Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Center of Excellence (CoE) at Danske Commodities (DC)
As our new data engineer, you will join our ETRM CoE team. Here, we maintain and enhance the ETRM system landscape, a key enabler for DC to mature and scale how we use trade, master and market data, and integrate this with the surrounding value chain. On a daily basis, you will be a key part of the ETRM product team working closely together with our business teams to ensure we deliver the vast amount of data needed to support all functions across the value chain. Further, you will support the implementation of a project portfolio with your expert knowledge in close collaboration with system analysts, business specialists, software developers, data engineers and infrastructure engineers.
The ETRM CoE team of system specialists takes great pride in ensuring that we build the right solutions and that these fit the growing DC business of energy trading strategically. The scope and complexity of features we support in the ETRM solution are growing and so does the need for access to live and large-scale data. As such, we need a strong data profile to ensure we can perform and scale on a solid data foundation. You will join an experienced and diverse team of functional and technical profiles, all motivated to help you succeed. The great range of skills in the team is combined with the shared mission to deliver excellence in the heart of the DC value chain. As such, you will quickly become a domain expert and you will get great opportunity to develop yourself in the direction of your interests within your field.
Your journey as our new ETRM data engineer
Tailored to your level of experience, we will make sure you get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and our guidelines and principles. Your first assignment will be to get familiar with our ETRM system landscape, the product team and the surrounding stakeholders of DC. Gradually, you will take ownership of the ETRM data layer, optimising the integration towards the surrounding system landscape and integrate this with the DC value chain.
"You will be working right in the centre of the DC value chain and be part of ensuring our ability to perform and scale! " Emil Flinker Noergaard, Manager, Head of ETRM Center of Excellence.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- take ownership of the ETRM data layer to ensure data integrity and system performance
- coordinate maintenance and development tasks with functional and technical ETRM streams
- conduct unit and integration tests on systems during release
- track and report risks, issues and impediments to the leadership group
we expect that you have:
- a relevant educational background within IT, e.g. Business Intelligence, Data Science & Engineering or similar
- the ability and drive to take ownership of the ETRM data model and relevant databases
- the willingness to deliver great support and development in close collaboration with cross-functional product teams
- experience within data engineering, SQL Server and .net
we expect that you:
- are a team player, who values working across teams – but you also thrive on working independently on your own areas of responsibility
- are detail-oriented and precise: we handle a lot of data that require great attention to detail
- have a data-driven and structured approach to solving problems as you will work with various cases that require thorough analyses to help with decision making
- thrive on having responsibility – you will be trusted with key components of our infrastructure
Not the right fit for you? We might have something else that proves to be a better match.
Get in touch
Emil Flinker Noergaard
Manager, Head of ETRM Center of Excellence
+45 3141 4841
Deadline: 15.12.2022. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
About Danske Commodities
We are a tech-driven energy trading company that trades power, gas and certificates across 40 markets. Working for a viable energy future, we use our trading expertise to connect producers and large-scale consumers to wholesale markets.