Solution Architect - Be the frontrunner for optimising the DSV Warehousing IT solutions
Are you passionate about IoT and digital optimization of the logistics industry? Do you want to be part of the digitisation journey of one of the largest transportation and logistics companies in the world? Then keep reading, this role at DSV could be what you are looking for.
As our Solution Architect, you will have a key role in shaping the DSV IT/OT infrastructure of tomorrow, making it robust, secure and scalable to handle the challenges of an increasingly complex and automated global setup – all while making sure we can still operate our current IT and OT landscape. To succeed, you must think beyond technical infrastructure solutions and work holistically to ensure value in a sustainable way.
“Joining DSV in this position, you will quickly learn that technology is truly at the core of the organisation and that IT, OT and digitalisation are key elements of our growth strategy – you will soon feel that the area is highly prioritised and extremely important” says Lars Buhl Aanestad, Director, Technical Product Platform Owner - OT.
Your main task will be to analyse complex business problems/requirements and produce solution designs to allow the delivery teams to solve them. This includes:
- Specifying technologies and application architecture as basis for application development/configuration
- Producing and maintaining solution documentation in alignment with DSV’s documentation standards and IT strategy and driving solution implementation according to these designs
- Acting as a knowledge resource for delivery team members with less business/IT experience
- Being the main contact point for stakeholders outside the delivery team (on all levels) when it comes to technical topics regarding the solution
- Manage changes to solutions, updating the solution design and documentation accordingly
- Support the development team in taking architectural decisions
- Focus on short term IT solutions as well as the long-term vision of the architecture – in combination with other solution architects as well as enterprise architects
Master’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of related application/solution architecture or solution design experience; or equivalent combination of post high school education and experience. Related experience in the logistics solutions industry is highly desirable.
- Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to easily communicate on and switch between levels of abstraction depending on the target group and or product stage
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to be a strong team player, as well as the ability to effectively influence technical teams.
- Ability to act accordingly under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage crisis situations.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience and common sense.
- Ability to deliver to and successfully manage stakeholder expectations while working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, budgets and resources.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in delivering to a strategic agenda.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply best standards practices in software development and enterprise application architecture methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum.
- Knowledge of and the ability interpret and apply best standards and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge about event-based technologies with huge volumes of data
- Knowledge about how to do simulations based on data
Join a global IT organisation
Solutions IT is a growing and integral part of the operations of DSV, one of the world’s largest logistics providers.
Each day, we work to constantly achieve new breakthroughs and provide new intelligent products for our customers. We continuously utilise our knowledge and skills to enhance our technological capabilities, boost our position in the industry, and accelerate the growth and success of DSV. With talented teams, a booming innovation lab and technological portfolio, we offer our employees the chance to boost their careers by developing and exposing themselves to intelligent state-of-the-art technologies, implemented on a global scale across DSV’s vast international network.
At DSV, we play a significant role in global logistics operations as one of the world’s largest transport and logistics providers. Looking forward, we are on a mission to become a technological leader within our field, setting the standard for the rest of the industry.
Are you up for the challenge of making DSV an industry leader in technology? Then “Forward Your Career” and join us today.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Senior Manager in Industrial Technology Johan Poulsen on +45 25 41 64 11.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.