IT Operations Manager
Take on an exciting career at a disruptive biotech company that develops pioneering treatments of cancer and infectious diseases using advanced machine learning methods. We are seeking a motivated and ambitious person to develop and operate the IT infrastructure to our aspirations.
Be involved in exciting projects and take part in saving lives
You will be overall responsible for setting the direction for our future IT landscape together with key stakeholders across the organisation. You will further play a hands-on role in delivering, maintaining and scaling our IT systems and operations supporting clinical, financial and research areas within Evaxion. This includes cloud services, data architectures and security compliance. You will not feel locked in outdated systems or processes but take full ownership in moving boundaries and helping us choose and develop the future IT solutions with the most technical merit.
A typical day could consist of:
- operate and develop cloud services
- automate deployment and operational tasks via infrastructure as code
- troubleshooting, monitoring and technical debugging
- vendor management and IT Operations budgets
- manage external service partners and consultants (we are outsourcing service desk, user management and device management to our Danish IT partner)
- proactively consulting project teams and management to facilitate and implement modern IT solutions
- managing security compliance within GxP, SOX and GDPR and collaborate with DPO and QA group
You will lead a small IT team of 3 DevOps engineers representing a strong and diverse skill set in development. We don’t do KPIs, and respect that some things can’t be rushed. We love to iterate, learn by doing and fail fast. Your role leaves room to take part in development sprints and participate in problem solving on a high technical level.
To be a part of Evaxion requires dedication, initiative, camaraderie and an attention on learning. Ideally you have 5 years of experience from a similar position, but most importantly you are passionate about taking your expertise to the next level and drive impact through collaboration. Your specific competencies include:
- 5+ years of experience with IT operations and experience with part of our tech stack below
- You are solution oriented, pragmatic and a self-starter
- Strong ability to execute and experience with people management
- Experience in communicating with vendors, business units and users
- You are proficient in English at a professional level, both written and spoken.
Our core technology stack today includes Python, Gitlab, Docker, AWS, Ansible, KVM/libvirt, Prometheus, Grafana, Haproxy, Nginx, PostgreSQL, FastAPI and Django. Kubernetes and Terraform are incoming technologies. Additionally, we operate services such as Microsoft 365, Azure AD and Addigy.
You don’t need to be proficient in GxP, SOX and GDPR, but you have the ambition to learn how to drive compliance through technical solutions and document-light processes.
We focus on your personal development in a track that interests you
At Evaxion you will be working together with dedicated colleagues in an inspiring and fast-moving environment that cultivates a collaborative and innovative spirit. With a flat organizational structure, we incentivize all employees to take on a high level of responsibility and participate in the decision-making process. Evaxion operates in a true Project Organization fostering a creative and open-minded environment with a clear mission to improve global health and we offer you the opportunity to be part of this exciting journey. Furthermore, Evaxion has a strong focus on mentoring to foster continued personal development in both scientific and organizational areas.
Evaxion is a Danish biotech company located in Hørsholm. Evaxion has been operating at the intersection of AI and medicine since 2008 with the mission to solve some of the world’s most significant challenges to human health. We are a pioneer in the field of AI-Immunology, developing technical platforms for the discovery and development of novel immunotherapies. Evaxion offers the opportunity to play an instrumental role in the development of the company and its cancer immunotherapies and have a real impact on the life of others.
Are you ready for a career with purpose?
For more information about the position contact Christian Skjødt Steenmans, Clinical Compute Manager at +45 53 53 49 84.
To apply follow the link below.