Scrum Master with a practical approach
Would you like to take part in building the energy trading company of tomorrow? Are you motivated by pushing development forward? If so, you might be our new Scrum Master to join our IT team. Your main target is to ensure we deliver on our most business-critical IT initiatives.
InCommodities is built around data and automation, and right now, based on our new strategy with high ambitions, we are taking IT to the next level. We are transforming how we work with IT to keep technology as one of the main enablers of our future growth. This is an obvious opportunity for the pragmatic Scrum Master who challenges the status quo, brings a curious mindset, values learning, and is driven by succeeding through others as a team.
We will not be doing Scrum by the book but will apply agile principles and methods. You have experience with agile methodologies and have a deep understanding of when and how they can be beneficial – and when they are not. Based on that, you will be a driving force in establishing motivated and efficient teams by customizing the ceremonies and ways of working that make sense for the team in the given context. We have an overall quarterly framework in place, but freedom within.
Your journey as Scrum Master
When you join InCommodities, you do not just join a company – you join a journey! This is a newly established position within the company, and you will have the freedom to shape the role together with the team and develop the role over time within the overall planning framework.
We will make sure you get the best possible introduction to our organization and business. Therefore, you will start on our thoroughly planned onboarding program, where you will be introduced to the business, your team, and the organization. This will all be done together with the group of new colleagues joining at the same time as you.
During your onboarding, you will also be thoroughly introduced to your tasks, role, and responsibilities and quickly, you will manage your own projects, tasks, and areas of responsibility. We, of course, offer flexible working hours, so you have the best opportunity to manage a good work-life-balance.
- Drive the implementation of Agile methods across our IT Department
- Ensure clear communication with all stakeholders both internally in the IT team as well as across the organization
- Facilitate recurring planning meetings
- Facilitate work in the team primarily by agile methods
- Identify and manage risks
- Help remove impediments and coach team members on how to do the same
- Lead retrospectives and help identify areas for improvement
- Educate colleagues in facilitating progress via agile methods
Qualifications – We imagine that you
- Have strong experience within agile methods
- Have 5+ years of experience in driving IT teams and projects across a complex business
- Know how to navigate conflicting interests and different personality types in business-critical IT projects
Personal skills – we expect that you have:
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Excellent communications skills (English) – both written and oral
- A pragmatic approach - we value results over methodology
What you can expect from us
- A steep learning curve into one of the most interesting and ever-changing industries
- Responsibility and autonomy
- A flexible workplace that puts people first
- Great colleagues that engage socially and excel professionally
- A unique company culture where we live up to our values: Honesty, Transparency, and Rethink and where you do not have to abide by a dress code or meaningless bureaucracy
We’re InCommodities: One of the fastest growing trading companies in the world. The energy market is transitioning away from fossil fuels to renewable energy, and we take part in making that happen!
At InCommodities, we support the transition by acting as the middleman between sellers and buyers of power and gas - we transport energy across borders where it’s needed, or we store it and sell it later, providing a vital function in the value chain from production to consumption. InCommodities’ business and decision-making are driven by a deep understanding of the energy markets and based on quantitative analysis and rethinking what we do.
Making InCommodities outstanding requires all types of people with different personalities, backgrounds, and approaches to solving different tasks and projects. But one thing connects us: we're fuelled by new ideas and rethinking the status quo.
We value a strong social culture with a high frequency of employee events outside the office. We want to win and be the best in class – therefore, you'll be surrounded by like-minded people who are bold, honest, ambitious, and the smartest in their field, and who root for one another, as we value a genuine sense of team spirit.
To help each other grow, we use honest and constructive feedback and sparring within and across teams. Personality and cultural fit are important to us because we want you to be happy here. The work culture is relaxed; you don’t have to abide by a dress code or a strict hierarchy, so you won’t be frustrated with too many rules, policies, or bureaucratic processes.
In other words, InCommodities is not your average workplace – it’s awesome.
Location: Aarhus N, Denmark
If you have any questions, please contact: