Senior Team lead for team behind global Kafka governance at DSV
Job Req Number: 62052
Time Type: Full Time
We are establishing a team with the mission to rethink how we use Kafka for data integrations throughout our organisation. As the team lead, you will take centre stage in that important journey right from its very beginning.
“You will lead, grow and set the direction for the team, and along the way, take part in deciding how we make the most of Kafka in the future.” – Nanna Koustrup, Director of Corporate Integrations.
DSV – global transport and logistics
At DSV, we provide and manage logistics and transport solutions for thousands of companies every day. Data analytics and governance are vital to our operations across terminals and warehouses around the world – and so are the tools that enable all things data.
One of these tools is Kafka, used for stream processing, real-time data pipelines and data integration at scale. It is already implemented here at DSV, but we have yet to design the architecture and define the technical and operational guidelines, which is where you and your new team come into the picture.
Develop and lead the Kafka team to success
Initially, the team will consist of just you and an architect, but we expect to welcome new colleagues in the next year. While the team takes on responsibility for Kafka governance, your mission will be to expand the team, lead your colleagues and ensure they have everything needed to succeed.
“This is an excellent opportunity to truly make your mark on a team, as you will hire the rest of your colleagues and set the direction for Kafka together with the architect. Looking for a role with a deep impact right from the very beginning? This is it.” – Nanna
You will also:
- Create a roadmap together with the architect
- Develop standards, tactics and a handbook for development processes, tools, automation, quality assurance, performance reporting, stakeholder management, etc.
- Ensure optimal collaboration with and service to colleagues who reach out to your team with requests about or issues with Kafka
- Manage escalations to ensure fast and efficient handling of reported challenges
- Provide KPIs and monthly reporting to management
A leader with a good understanding of IT governance
As a good leader, you have excellent communication skills that you can easily adapt to match your conversation partner, be it a team member, a director, colleagues from other IT departments or the like.
You are also quite pragmatic and know how to make tough decisions on your own. But at the same time, you are always eager to include your team in decision-making processes.
- Have some kind of people and project management experience, possibly as a scrum master or similar
- Possess some knowledge of IT governance, integration landscapes and event-based architecture, possibly from previous positions in product teams, consultancy or similar – developer or architect level knowledge is not necessary
- Are fluent in English
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director of Corporate Integrations Nanna Koustrup on +45 31 10 38 87.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.