Project Manager in Global Business IT
ALK Global Business IT (GBIT) is looking for a Project Manager with a proven track record of running complex IT-projects in an international pharma setting. You will be joining the ALK GBIT Project Management Department and will work with skilled professionals based in Hørsholm, Krakow and Madrid.
Are you motivated by running complex projects and do you enjoy working with stakeholders with a wide variety of backgrounds? This is your opportunity to join ALK – a company in high growth that helps millions of people suffering from allergy.
As an IT Project Manager (IT-PM), you run complex IT projects across ALK – both locally and internationally. You join projects from the very beginning – from initial scoping, cost, and benefit mapping - to implementation and realization, always keeping the overall business objectives in mind.
Your first projects will be in the R&D area where you will drive modernization of several critical systems. Since ALK has a very busy project portfolio there will be opportunities to work in all parts of the ALK organization – always with the focus on running great IT-projects that will enable ALK to continue to grow.
To succeed in this position it is key to have a strong IT-PM toolbox. Examples of such are:
- The ability to scope, plan and execute complex IT projects – with experience from both agile and classic project methodologies
- A natural interest for technology (being tech-savvy) in order to engage with specialists on project relevant topics
- A structured approach to root-cause analysis and impact assessments
- Experience from driving projects in the pharma industry
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and within the agreed budget and scope
- Establish and maintain healthy relations to project stakeholders
- Coordinate internal and external resources such as infrastructure specialists and vendors
- Actively contribute to and improve our IT Project Manager community of +10 experienced IT project managers
- Coach other project managers, and others who need assistance regarding project management processes
- Establish and maintain standards and procedures for project execution, reporting and documentation
- Have excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills to facilitate crystal clear communication to stakeholders
Please note that having (hands-on) experience with SAFe is a plus, but not a must-have.
With your strong business acumen, you understand and translate business needs into viable IT solutions. Also, your strong stakeholder management skills allow you to communicate with both executives, IT experts and SME colleagues to get your projects successfully planned and implemented.
As a candidate for the role you:
- Bring a master’s degree, preferably within computer science, engineering or similar
- Have a proven track record within IT project management – preferably from the pharma industry
- Has significant experience as a project manager and has the track record to prove it
- Experience in full project lifecycle (from pre-analysis to closure)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with both classic and agile project methodologies
- Have knowledge of GxP pharma environments
- Have the flexibility to travel around 30 days a year to our international locations
- Speak and write English effortlessly
- Have – preferable – a background from IT-consulting and/or comes from a global position in another pharma company.
- Have excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
If you can recognize yourself in the above, you just might be the candidate we are looking for – come join a Global IT organization in a company that is on an exciting change and growth journey with a fantastic purpose.
World leader in allergy
ALK's aspiration is to become the world leader in allergy by helping as many people as possible with allergy to a better life by providing options of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of allergy. In Global IT, we contribute to this aspiration by supporting the organization with modern IT tools and technologies, and by delivering world-class support to our many colleagues around the world.
Global IT at ALK
Global IT at ALK is a global organization of approximately 130 employees with three main hubs in Hørsholm, Madrid and Krakow and IT staff on our production sites and regional sales hubs in Germany, France and North America. Today, ALK has most IT competences in-house and you will have qualified colleagues across the globe.
We believe that good results and IT services go hand in hand with securing development and learning opportunities. Employees are encouraged to show respect and help each other every day. You will become part of an IT organization where we put competence and substance over format and presentation and prioritize iterative interactions over rigid processes.
Contact and application
If you need further information about the position, please reach out to Senior Director of Project Portfolio – Anders G. Mogensen, email@example.com or +45 4195904
Application deadline: January 31st 2023
We look forward to hearing from you.
ALK helps people living with allergy. By providing solutions that make life with allergy surprisingly simple we make a difference for many people. We build upon a strong heritage as a pioneer in allergy immunotherapy and we will continue to innovate, develop and market new products and solutions for people with allergy. ALK is a global company with production sites in Denmark, France, Spain and the United States. We were founded in Copenhagen in 1923 and today we employ around 2,300 people around the globe. Our headquarter is based in Hørsholm north of Copenhagen. We know that our employees are our most valuable asset and we believe they do their very best every day in the pursuit of new and better allergy treatments and solutions for people with allergy around the world. If you like to have influence and make a difference ALK is the right place so come join us on our exciting journey.