Applications Engineer with Passion for Audio
For more than 95 years, Shure has been a leading supplier of professional audio technology. We have an ambitious goal of offering our customers innovative ecosystems of high-quality software to support our networked devices, and our products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority. Shure Incorporated is presented through a global partner network in more than 80 countries, with offices in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
To support new products that encompass IP networking, software, server/client infrastructure and mobile devices aligned with the growing and converging AV/IT environment, we are looking for a passionate Applications Engineer with a background in IT and a genuine interest in audio.
This position can be based in Copenhagen, London, or Eppingen (Germany).
The Applications & Product Technical Support team serves the European region and acts as the manufacturer’s backbone providing Shure distributors technical pre- and post-sales support for the entire Shure portfolio. The team works closely with both external and internal partners such as Shure customers, Shure Product Management, and Regional Sales Managers.
In this role, you will:
- Provide advanced technical support for all Shure product lines (Including wired and wireless microphones and in-ear monitor systems) with an emphasis on UC / AV networked conferencing and discussion systems.
- Resolve product application problems and network troubleshooting issues including IP addressing and network switch configuration.
- Provide technical assistance in the design/integration of customer applications relating to network infrastructure and audio solutions, and with software installation and configuration.
- Interact closely with Product Development when troubleshooting customers’ systems exhibiting uncommon issues; especially with regards to networked systems, MS Windows, and browser-based software solutions.
- Conducts technical training for distributors, sales representatives, and end-users.
- Develop and suggest product improvements and modifications based on customer/market needs.
- Assist with in-market activities such as demonstrations and application of Shure products at trade shows, sales seminars and learning events in Europe and the Nordics.
- Research and write technical training materials, technical white papers, and educational guides in collaboration with internal partners.
You are passionate about audio and it-technology and have:
- An academic degree in IT, audio or a related technology field and perhaps a few years’ relevant work experience.
- Solid technical product background with emphasis on audio applications.
- Knowledge of networking and IT infrastructure, REST API technology, implementation, and basic troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with networking hardware, switch configuration and network debugging/monitoring tools with a good understanding of audio network protocols and acoustics.
- Demonstrated experience with software installation and troubleshooting in both Mac and Windows environments.
- Strong interest in planning and execution of AV projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including mastery of written and spoken English
It is a plus if you master any Nordic languages, Spanish and/or Italian.
- Organized working methods and good follow-up procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice. Number of travel days/year: 10-25.
- A valid driver’s license.
As a person you are:
- Open to the world around you and eager to learn.
- Comfortable standing in front of an audience presenting content and demonstrating products.
- Motivated, pro-active, result-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Looking to continuously develop your technical and soft skills.
Our Value Proposition to You
We offer you a challenging job in an international working environment with tremendous potential for future growth. It also goes without saying that we offer an attractive salary and comprehensive benefits.
At Shure, we value collaboration, commitment, and innovation as well as a natural interest in solving complex issues. We are a company of passionate and dedicated people, and our technological innovations are the result of the creativity and dedication of our employees.
You will be part of an inspiring and flexible workplace with a dynamic work environment and great colleagues that appreciate, support, and respect one another. We believe in the value of a good work-life balance and do our outmost to ensure that our employees thrive in our well-established company culture of innovation and high quality. Shure is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and cherish inclusion in the workplace.
For more details on the position, please contact Senior Manager, Mark Jones, +45 51 56 40 99.
Shure Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. We design and produce high-quality products, which have become legendary for performance, reliability and value. Our history of innovation and expertise in acoustics, wireless technology, networked audio systems and digital signal processing, enables us to deliver seamless, transparent audio experiences.
In our Copenhagen office, we are 50 dedicated and committed employees. Located in Ørestad, we have bright new offices with a great canteen as well as an open work environment and an informal tone. We value the exchange of ideas, high quality in everything that we do and respect for each other.