Development manager for Static & Market Data team
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC you will be part of a transformation of our organization and tech solutions.
We are looking for a development manager ready to share and grow
In the Wealth Management & Trading (WMT) area, we are building and delivering to our customers – Danish banks – solutions in the field of investment advisory, trading of bonds and equities and related investment services.
The Market- & Static Data team is responsible for providing static data and market data for multiple BEC domains (incl. support for future sustainable finance data to be used in investment and trading solutions) in the Wealth Management & Trading area. The following tools are in the team’s toolkit:
- Development and maintenance of the in-house built static data system – Cobol and DB2 databases
- Development and maintenance of various markets data systems (primarily Java and C++ applications)
- Various integrations to internal and external systems
- Rest API’s
The manager of the team will be expected to secure the continuation of successful delivery of the expected business value and development of new competences and solutions using an Agile approach. You will be system owner for your own portfolio of systems and thus be responsible for maintenance and operations as well as continuous modernization of the systems in accordance with BEC’s TechUp – Winning Customers strategy.
The team consist of approximately 12 passionate employees split between Denmark & Poland, and as development manager you will have the HR responsibility for all employees in the team.
As development manager you will report to the development director for the Wealth Management & Trading domain and be an integral part of the management team.
Primary task and responsibilities
In the position as development manager, you will work closely with the management team within your domain, product manager, product owners, architects, team members and other development managers in BEC to ensure cross-company collaboration.
- Give input and ultimate commitment on agreed objectives for delivery of the entire team backlog
- On team level, set challenging goals, remove impediments, and improve collaboration across teams
- Ensure team has necessary budget, resources, approvals, and other support
- Communicate with key stakeholders and collect and share feedback
- Ensure transparency on decisions, progress, and results
- Support the transformation of BEC as part BEC’s domain / program management team
- Live and lead BEC leadership foundation
- Build high performing team to effectively deliver backlog and define team mission
- Coordinate recruiting, hiring, and staffing of talent
- Ensure professional development for teams & leadership
- Overall performance management through frequent performance review, creating team development plans and mentoring and coaching of the team
- Accountable for the system ownership
- Proactively identify and prioritize high-level maintenance tasks to ensure system is in good condition, and coordinates on prioritization with PO
- Manage timely resolution of critical problems with the different platforms
- Help manage technical risks and dependencies across teams
- Escalate impediments to stakeholders as needed
- Ensure development is in line with architectural principles and guidelines
- Ensure solutions are scalable and flexible to enable future growth
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background at master’s level and 2-5 years of experience from a similar position working within IT from the Capital Markets and/or financial sector (or similar).
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- Curious, motivated by new challenges and always seek to further develop
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- End-to-end understanding of the technology (from user applications to underlying infrastructure) and understanding of how to build IT solutions
- Ability to drive implementation and realize business value
- Customer focused and service minded, always striving for developing, enhancing, and maintaining solutions in excellent condition (stability and security)
- Passion and ability to drive agile values and principles
- Strong appetite for innovation & creation of cutting-edge solutions
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than February 26, 2023. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Kim Bastholm, development director on +45 61567610.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.