Cloud platform engineer
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC you will be part of a transformation of our organization and tech solutions.
We are looking for a cloud engineer ready to share and grow
You become part of the Data & Cloud Domain of BEC as cloud engineer. We are responsible of building the new BI & Analytics datawarehouse and tool stack.
In this position you will join a team of 12 people, consisting of developers, and product owner working together to build our new cloud-based BI & Analytics platform, re-building business solutions (data marts) and designing a new Data Vault 2.0.
The platform is based on the newest Microsoft Azure technologies, and we are using the automation tool Wherescape to deliver the best solutions to our customers, the BEC member banks. Hence, this is a unique opportunity to participate in a critical ‘first-mover’ project not only within BEC, but also within the financial industry in Denmark. As cloud engineer with experience of Microsoft Azure Synapse, Microsoft Azure ADF, Data Vault 2.0 and/or Wherescape, you will be an important part of the transformation, supporting stakeholders internally and externally in best practices on cloud, BI DevOps and Wherescape to support our customers with a world-class cloud-based BI & Analytical platform.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
In the position as cloud engineer, you will work closely with team members, product owner, development manager, architects and our customers. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and test Azure resources (Azure Synapse, Azure ADF, Azure Datalake, etc.)
- Guide the team on designing and implementing a robust platform based on Microsoft Azure tool stack
- Deploy and test CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps)
- Develop DevOps user guidelines and manuals
- Prepare user environments on the cloud platform
- Implementing new test automation tool and design processes
- Possibility to train and guide internal and external stakeholders in the new platform functionality and maintenance
- Collaborate within team & with cross teams using SAFe delivery approach
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background as computer scientist, engineer or you have another qualifying background and +2 years of experience within Microsoft Azure cloud tech stack, BI & Analytics and ETL development. Having experience with Data Vault 2.0 modelling and/or Wherescape development is an advantage.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- Motivated by helping and guiding others
- Structured and analytical
- Change ready - thrive with new challenges and motivated by transforming ways-of-working
- Team player – maybe with previous experience as team member in scrum organization
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master English at a high level both in writing and orally
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible an no later than March 26, 2023. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Sanne Sommer Lyster on +45 4638 2441, development manager.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.