IT systems engineer Linux and Container solutions for Danske Commodities
Do you have experience with working with Linux? Do you have knowledge of Container solutions? And do you enjoy sharing knowledge with others as well as learning new skills? Then you just might be the new colleague we are looking for to join our customer, Danske Commodities’s Infrastructure & Platforms team!
IT Infrastructure & Platforms at Danske Commodities (DC)
As the new IT systems engineer you will join our IT Infrastructure & Platforms team, a sub-team part of the overall IT Operations & Services team. In the team, they build new platforms, handle new infrastructure and maintain core services – tasks that are essential to DC. At DC they operate with both Windows and Linux (including Container solutions), and they work in close collaboration to ensure that we always have a stable, secure and scalable platform. Further, they continuously optimise their platform with new and best-practice solutions to always ensure high availability, stability and performance; necessities when operating in a dynamic business environment.
You will join an inclusive team of motivated colleagues, who always seek to be the best version of themselves. In the team, there is a great focus on growing and developing together by giving each other constructive feedback and practising frequent knowledge sharing with each other. Also, they ensure to always take ownership of good collaboration and welcome new ideas in a professional environment.
Make your mark on Danske Commodities next generation IT platform
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and the IT landscape of DC. In the beginning, you will be working closely together with other Linux-responsible people so that you are introduced properly to the current landscape. Also, you will be assigned a buddy to guide you through your first time and give you the best possible start in the team. After a while, you will get more responsibility and you will work on further developing and strengthening the platform. You will work towards streamlining the platform and implementing meaningful processes, new components as well as useful features. Soon you will become an integral part of DC’s Linux-setup and you will work closely together with the architects on the continuous development of our platform.
- continuously develop the Linux and Container landscapes
- contribute to the development, implementation, standardisation, optimisation and preventive maintenance of global system landscapes
- support and advise the business within the Linux platform (and IT in general)
- document solutions, processes, procedures, standards and training material related to Linux
- contribute to security management, auditing and carrying out corrective actions (e.g. patching and segregation of duties) to ensure adherence to the IT policy and procedures
Personal skills, we expect that you
- are independent, innovative and adaptable as you will operate in a dynamic team
- are a team-oriented person who enjoys collaboration – but also thrives with working independently and taking the lead on a task if required
- see opportunities where others see problems
- enjoy sharing knowledge with others and learning new skills
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks, and they always support each other in getting the job done
Your qualifications, we expect that you
- have a relevant educational background within information technology, e.g. Computer Science or similar
- have a minimum of two year’s experience from a similar position, working with planning, designing, operating, documenting and managing Linux infrastructure
- have experience with Docker and knowledge of Kubernetes and Containers
- have experience with monitoring infrastructure and/or clusters
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
What can you expect
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station