Development director for Wealth Management & Trading
Can you demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how to build complex IT solutions – ideally within financial services? Are you a talented people manager with experience in transforming your area to new challenges? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for a development director ready to share and grow
Wealth Management & Trading provides solutions for custody, securities trading, market information, securities tax reporting, corporate actions, and much more.
"Wealth Management & Trading provides some of the most essential services for our banks and their customers, but it is also a domain starting a significant architecture and technology transformation. Already now the first solutions are built on new technology, development of event streaming has taken off, and the use of industry standard solutions are increased. With a great number of solutions, the transformation task is huge, and it will require both deep domain insight as well as multiple technology competences working together,” says Jan Peter Larsen, deputy head of Customers & Business Transformation.
He continues: "The world around us also continue to evolve. Customers in the banks show increased interest in investments, regulators continue to raise the bar for advising, documentation and reporting. Our job is to find a way where we will both deliver on these requirements and transform at the same time. This is the challenge we will give ourselves for the coming years. I’m sure it will be both hard, fun, and exciting.”
As new development director you will be leading the way in this transformation, and you will report to the deputy head of Customers & Business Transformation.
Primary task and responsibilities
In the position as development director, you will work closely with the management team within your division, the Wealth Management & Trading SteerCo with customers, the management team in your domain, and other development directors in BEC to ensure cross-company collaboration.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Give input and ultimate commitment on scope, budget, and timeline for delivery of entire domain backlog
- Build high performing teams in both Denmark and Poland to effectively deliver backlog and define teams’ mission
- Drive the transformation of BEC together with BEC’s team of directors
- Live and lead BEC’s leadership foundation
- Ensure development is in line with architectural principles and guidelines
- Proactively identify and prioritize high-level maintenance tasks to ensure system and data is in good condition
- Risk accountable; identifying, monitoring, and mitigating any risk within line of work
- Ensure teams has necessary budget, resources, approvals, and other support
- Communicate with key stakeholders and collect and share feedback
- Ensure transparency on decisions, progress, and results
We are looking for you who love to transform!
Preferably, you have an educational background at Master’s level and several years of experience from a similar position working with transformation and building it-solutions. You will probably also have several years of experience building and leading development teams across countries.
To us, competence and curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that the banks in our community can service their customers and comply with the legislation, etc. in attractive, secure, and cost-effective way.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- You take leadership, you lead and drive transformation
- You apply analytical and strategic thinking, with strong business and IT judgment to solve ambiguous problems independently
- You are ambitious and push for high standards
- You are cooperative and open-minded
- You have attention to detail, and knowing when it is needed
- You have demonstrated ability to lead across sites and with multiple stakeholders
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than April 13, 2023. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Jan Peter Larsen, deputy head of Customers & Business Transformation on +45 4676 3780.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.