Quantitative analyst for Risk Modelling
Are you curious about the energy industry? Do you have experience with programming? And would you like to kickstart your career in a global energy company in a job where you get to use your quantitative skills? Then grab this opportunity to join the Risk Modelling team of a global energy trading company!
Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary function will be to develop risk measure and valuation models, including data analysis and model analysis and development.
Further, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- perform ad-hoc analyses to support business cases and risk management framework
- develop quantitative analyses, e.g. fundamental analyses and optimal hedging strategies
- develop and maintain the team’s quantitative model library
Meet the team
As our new quantitative analyst, you will join our Risk Modelling team in which we work to provide the necessary foundation for our Market Risk Management team to obtain complete risk control of the trading activities in the organisation – and we do so by calculating critical risk measures for all business activities. The figures are included in daily risk management and reporting and combined, they form the basis for capital and risk allocation in DC. We always seek to expand the in-house framework for performing quick and agile risk assessments of new potential business cases.
We are a team of dedicated specialists, supporting the organisation by building and overseeing models that calculate our business risks. The team culture is distinguished by being collaborative; we work best when working towards a common goal. We share the mindset that no task is impossible, and we always seek to improve our existing solutions to be the best in the game, sparring with each other as we go along.
In the role, you have the freedom to define the models you find most relevant – and the responsibility to implement them as well! - Mikkel Graversen, Manager, Head of Risk Modelling
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will be working in a dynamic environment, we imagine that you approach any problem with a structured and solution-oriented mindset. Also, as you will join a team always seek to move things forward and challenge the status quo, we are looking for someone who is innovative and not afraid of taking responsibility.
Furthermore, we expect that you:
- have a relevant educational background, e.g. within Mathematics, Economy, Finance or similar (or is about to graduate this summer)
- have programming experience in Python, R, .NET, SQL or similar
- are interested in and curious about the energy business
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hoursincluding the option to work from home up to two days per week
- Vast development opportunitieswith the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospectsas part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- 10% paid pensionas well as a beneficial health care and insurance package
- Great parental leave conditionsincluding 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- Extra days offfive, to be exact, as well as a Yay Day (an additional day off dedicated to ‘me time’) every year – adding to the standard five weeks off each year
- Senior daysif you’re over 55 years old
- Bonus scheme
- Share savingsmeaning you have the opportunity to participate in our parent company Equinor’s attractive share savings programme
- Paid at home internet and equipmentincluding a mobile phone with paid subscription and IT equipment for when working from home
- 100+ yearly social and professional eventsincluding DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free ticketsto family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discountsat hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic foodincluding a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhusright next to the central train station
Recruitment process and relocation
You can read more about our recruitment process here. Please note that if you are an international candidate, we will reimburse travel expenses in connection with potential interviews and support you with the relocation process.
Deadline: 14.04.2023. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
What we’re about
We're a tech-driven energy trading company present in 40 markets across five continents. Our +450 people are driven by a need to constantly better things. If you are too, we could very well be the right place for you. You'll join a collective of thinkers and doers. Aspiring chefs, runners, parents, beekeepers, gamers – the list goes on. We're highly specialised experts within our fields. But it’s actually our diversity of ideas we’re most proud of, which is why we continuously work on strengthening an inclusive culture where diverse teams thrive.
Our organisation is flat with an open-door policy. We expect you to care. About your work. About your own and your colleagues’ collective successes. And about the difference we make at Danske Commodities. Together with our parent company Equinor, we have the vision and strength to accelerate the energy transition and make an impact. Like no other.