Manager for SCADA Engineering
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Enable us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint - join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity, and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues' safety at the heart of our organization.
We are looking for a Manager to join our Offshore SCADA department which is an integral part of the Offshore Project Execution organization. The department consists of a global team with presence in Denmark, Germany, India, United States, and Spain, and we are configuring and installing all OT systems needed for monitoring and control of our offshore wind farms globally. This include, but are not limited to, tasks within automation, IT communication, cyber security, aviation/navigation design, and WT control.
How to contribute to our vision
We continuously aim to be best in class and we are looking for a Manager for a team of highly skilled Software and Electrical Engineers. Our office environment consists of many different nationalities working in an informal working culture.
Our vision is to remain market leader, and as a Manager your mission is to enable your team to support this vision. Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and motivate a team of approximate 8 SCADA engineers
- Overall responsibility for team operations and performance within SCADA engineering
- Support your team members in their individual development and growth
- Team development including recruitment, training, and retention of the right people with needed competences
- Handle priorities in collaboration with other departments
- Supporting your team members work in the offshore execution projects
- It is expected that you would have an equal split of your time on support to your team members work in our projects and management of the team.
What you need to make a difference
Enthusiasm for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are looking for a positive, and motivated team member with existing experience in guiding highly skilled specialists; either as line manager or as technical project manager.
This in combination with a professional experience within SCADA engineering, and preferably have experience from the wind industry in general.
To be suitable for this role you:
- have a relevant university degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, preferably combined with a degree in Business Administration.
- have experience working with OT cyber security as this needs to be considered into any solution we provide to our customers
- have 3+ years of line management experience.
- have experience from an international working environment
- have experience from working with large construction projects, preferably offshore
- have good personal impact and a clear and open way of communicating
- fluent in English - both spoken and written
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office (Important: add or remove this sentence depending on the position, legal entity or responsibilities)
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiting team via Nisha Deshpande on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Please apply in English with your CV and a motivational letter
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.