Do you thrive on developing great data solutions? And would you like the opportunity to take ownership of a central tech product’s databases of a global tech trading company? Then you might be the database administrator (DBA) we are looking for!
Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary function will be to ensure that the Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) solutions databases always support the growing business.
Concretely, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- take ownership of the ETRM databases to ensure data integrity and system performance
- coordinate maintenance and development tasks with functional and technical ETRM streams
- conduct unit and integration tests on systems during release
- track and report risks, issues and impediments to the leadership group
Meet the team
As our new DBA, you will join our ETRM Center of Excellence (CoE) team. Here, we maintain and enhance the ETRM system landscape, a key enabler for Danske Commodities (DC) to mature and scale how we use trade data, master data and market data, and integrate this with the surrounding value chain. On a daily basis, you will be a key part of the ETRM product team, working closely together with our business teams to ensure we deliver the vast amount of data needed to support all functions across the value chain. Further, you will support the implementation of a project portfolio with your expert knowledge in close collaboration with system analysts, business specialists, software developers, data engineers and infrastructure engineers.
You will join an experienced and diverse team of functional and technical profiles, all motivated to support each other in succeeding. The great range of skills in the team is combined with the shared mission to deliver excellence in the heart of the DC value chain.
You will be working right in the centre of the value chain and be part of ensuring DC’s ability to perform and scale! - Emil Flinker Noergaard, Head of ETRM Center of Excellence
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will be carrying out thorough analyses to help with decision making, we are looking for someone who takes a data-driven and structured approach to problem-solving. Also, as you will be trusted with key components of our infrastructure, we imagine that you thrive on having responsibility.
We also imagine that you have:
- a relevant educational background within Information Technology, e.g. Business Intelligence, Data Science & Engineering or similar
- the ability and drive to take ownership of the ETRM data model and relevant databases
- the willingness to deliver great support and development in close collaboration with cross-functional product teams
- experience within data engineering, SQL Server and .net
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hours, including the option to work from home up to two days per week
- Vast development opportunities, with the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospects, as part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- 10% paid pension, as well as a beneficial health care and insurance package
- Great parental leave conditions, including 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days, 10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- Extra days off, five, to be exact, as well as a Yay Day (an additional day off dedicated to ‘me time’) every year – adding to the standard five weeks off each year
- Senior days, if you’re over 55 years old
- Bonus scheme
- Share savings, meaning you have the opportunity to participate in our parent company Equinor’s attractive share savings programme
- Paid at home internet and equipment, including a mobile phone with paid subscription and IT equipment for when working from home
- 100+ yearly social and professional events, including DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free tickets, to family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discounts, at hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic food, including a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhus, right next to the central train station
Recruitment process and relocation
You can read more about our recruitment process here. Please note that if you are an international candidate, we will reimburse travel expenses in connection with potential interviews and support you with the relocation process.
Deadline is 26.09.2023. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
What we’re about
We're a tech-driven energy trading company present in 40 markets across five continents. Our +500 people are driven by a need to constantly better things. If you are too, we could very well be the right place for you. You'll join a collective of thinkers and doers. Aspiring chefs, runners, parents, beekeepers, gamers – the list goes on. We're highly specialised experts within our fields. But it’s actually our diversity of ideas we’re most proud of, which is why we continuously work on strengthening an inclusive culture where diverse teams thrive.
Our organisation is flat with an open-door policy. We expect you to care. About your work. About your own and your colleagues’ collective successes. And about the difference we make at Danske Commodities. Together with our parent company Equinor, we have the vision and strength to accelerate the energy transition and make an impact. Like no other.