Solution Architect Strategy & Special Projects (Group Applications)
Are you ready to start your career within IT in one of the very best performing companies in the Transport and Logistics industry in the world? Then join us at DSV, in our state-of the-art HQ in Hedehusene, Denmark.
With this position, you will be joining the exciting and growing IT department, Strategy & Special Projects within DSV Global IT.
We develop and maintain DSV’s Group Applications (Finance, HR, Commercial etc.). We are dedicated to creating IT solutions which enable the digital transformation and optimize business areas within our domain.
As our Solution Architect, you will play a key role in supporting and assisting the shaping of DSV´s Group Applications of tomorrow, enabling them to handle the challenges of an increasingly complex and automated global setup. To succeed, you will work together with our Senior Solution Architects in viewing solutions and applications holistically to deliver value in a sustainable way and according to our IT strategy. So, if you get motivated by finding solutions to business requirements and drive their implementation, this job could be a great match for you.
Your main task will be analyzing complex business problems/requirements and produce solution designs that follows DSV strategy of scalability, standardization, and simplicity. We envision that you support broadly across the functions, however with a particular focus on our Finance Suite.
- Assist in specifying technologies, application and infrastructure architecture considering reusability, standardization, and cost focus.
- Support the production and maintenance of solution documentation in accordance with DSV’s documentation standards and our strategy.
- Drive solution implementation according to designs and the governance surrounding the Group Applications
- Support changes to solutions, updating the solution design and documentation accordingly.
- Collaborate with our Senior Solution Architects in advisory, guidance and resolution of technical issues and challenges faced by the Group Applications teams.
These responsibilities require that you will act as both a technical problem-solver as well as a high-level architect.
While you will support various functions, your role will have a particular emphasis on our Finance Suite (Primarily SAP), therefore understanding of Finance processes will be considered an advantage.
Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field. You have a passion for and preferably knowledge of application/solution architecture or solution design. We look for a Solution Architect with a clear drive and passion for the logistics solutions industry and preferably with a solid Finance process understanding.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply best standards practices in software development and enterprise application architecture.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply best standards and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to communicate on different levels of abstraction depending on the target group (and in English)
- Ability to proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Ability to evaluate information, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgment, experience, and common sense.
Join a global IT Organization
Strategy & Special Projects (in Group Applications) is a part of Global IT in DSV. Global IT is a growing and integral part of the operations of DSV, one of the world’s largest logistics providers. Each day, we work to constantly achieve new breakthroughs and provide new intelligent products for our customers.
We utilize our knowledge and skills to enhance our technological capabilities, boost our position in the industry, and accelerate the growth and success of DSV. We offer our employees the chance to boost their careers by developing and exposing themselves in a high paced, solution oriented, and international network.
At DSV, we play a significant role in global logistics operations as one of the world’s largest transport and logistics providers. Looking forward, we are on a mission to become a leader within our field, setting the standard for the rest of the industry. Are you up for the challenge of making DSV an industry leader? Then “Forward Your Career” and join us today.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Jonas Rud Winter, Director on +45 29743907. You can also contact Senior Architect Uffe Stig Hartung Petersen, Senior Solution Architect on +45 61944709.
We look forward receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.