Senior Network Specialist - with high focus on SD-Access and OT environment
Are you ready for the next level within Network?
If terms like Enterprise Network solutions, Cisco, and Network Performance peeks your interest; we may have opportunity to embark on as part of your career journey. Think international career with great possibilities of making a difference as you help our product team’s level up in their journey to optimize and design network solutions.
Join Global IT
In your role as Network Specialist, you will maintain one of Denmark’s biggest enterprise network solutions, and become a member of a team consisting of approximately 10 specialists.
Implement and maintain
As Network Specialist, you will be a strong technical specialist, knowing the ins and outs of networking with high focus on SD-Access and OT environment. You'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across our technology portfolio, where Cisco plays key role in our operation.
We will be looking to you to be our specialist within network solutions with focus on global network. Team responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across both infrastructure and application areas
- Translating network performance into understandable insights
- Take ownership of a technology
- Optimization of network infrastructure
- Documentation of network topologies and changes
- Troubleshooting of networking issues, root cause analysis
- Responsible for implementation of network Infrastructure projects globally
- Preparation and coordination of technical tasks, maintenance of project documentation
You will be a part of the Network Architecture team within IT Operations and refer directly to the Manager of Network Architecture.
Skilled Senior Network Specialist specialised in Cisco SD-Access (and other enterprise LAN Cisco technologies)
With your great network understanding, you are able to translate network terminology into managing a large-scale enterprise LAN environment. Moreover, as you will be a part of a highly skilled team with various backgrounds, you must be a strong change agent. Your background could be, but is not limited to:
- You have an IT degree or an equivalent on-the-job experience
- 5+ year experience in multi-site campus LAN networks
- Expertise in large-scale traditional LAN and NAC environments (Cisco ISE preferred) AND/OR expertise in SD Access, including:
- Understanding of the solution component and their functions
- Strong understanding of possible, most common deployment models for Campus LAN with NAC AND/OR SD Access
- Knowledge of SD Access deployment models, including single site, multi-site scenarios
- General understanding of SD Access connectivity options: local fusion router OR firewall, centralised Border Nodes with a fusion router, VN anchoring; understanding of transport options and dependencies
- Experience in using Cisco Catalyst Center/DNA Center as the orchestrator and the monitoring platform
- Automation basics: templates in Cisco Catalyst Center/DNA Center, use of API calls towards Cisco Catalyst Center/DNA Center
- Routing protocols: basics of IGPs and BGP, per SD Access needs
- Ability to draw a greenfield deployment and a brownfield network migration plan
- Understanding of other common technical dependencies and services Campus LAN may consume or provide (WAN hand-off, QoS, local server connectivity)
- Strong troubleshooting, root cause analysis of incidents, and problem-solving skills to support network operations across all locations and devices including all compatible supervisory and line cards for these platforms
- Demonstrated experience with networking hardware platforms such as routers, switches, and firewalls in a large enterprise environment.
- Platform specific technologies experience is preferred in: Catalyst 9000 series
- Ability to follow design documentation and based on standards, produce site-specific documentation
- You communicate effortlessly in English – both in speaking and writing.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Christian Hinløv, Senior Manager, at +45 61 61 39 16.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.