Product owner - Data & Cloud
We are searching for Product owner for Data & Cloud domain
This position is based at our office in Roskilde or Warsaw and you will join our Data & Cloud domain. The domain is building the future platforms for Data & Analytics in our banks.
At BEC, we prefer to collaborate often in the office, but we also keep the opportunity to work remotely up to 8 days per month.
Team A is focused on developing new solutions or capabilities of the platform. Hence the team has a quite versatile backlog with relatively few repetitive tasks and a constant need to look into “new stuff”. On top of that Team A owns a couple of systems that we need to take care of in the form of Operations & Maintenance (O&M). The stakeholder list is quite diverse and the technical competency and abstraction level in the team is high. The team is present both in Warsaw and Lublin (PL).
The PO is at the forefront of this exploratory work and has the responsibility to bring in all the relevant stakeholders to create a roadmap that fulfills the needs of the business.
Your daily manager will be Lars Grønkjær (Product Manager), and you are part of a team of 9 POs in total for the domain.
The Data & Cloud domain has a broad responsibility to build and maintain all the necessary subsystems (a “platform”) for the general development of data & analysis solutions. The various subsystems will transition from on-prem to Azure cloud over the coming years. The Data and Cloud domain consists of close to 80 people. We share a common goal of providing top-of-the-class platforms and solutions. We are not afraid to learn from others, try new things and share what we know.
Primary task and responsibilities:
Prioritize the work being done by the team:
- Always ensure that the team members know what to work on next
- Communicate these priorities to customers and other stakeholders
- Align the team's priorities and dependencies with other teams and BEC strategies
Bridge the gap between Business and Tech:
- Explain the needs of a data analyst in a bank to a tech-savvy team member
- Explain the process of a “data analysis-project” to a customer or manager
- Explain the overall behavior of various platform components to a customer to pinpoint needed changes
Drive the process to describe backlog items (at feature level):
- Business benefit
- Needed effort to deliver
- Architectural clarifications
To succeed you will have:
- Educational background at bachelor or master level
- 3-10 years of experience either in the Data management area or from a position working in a PO-like role in a professional IT organization or in the financial sector
- Interest in the customers’ needs and the well-being of the team
- Sufficient technical skills and knowledge in the data area to maintain the necessary street credibility when they interact with other “data natives” in various area
- Strong motivator of others – always explains the WHY
- Curious about the customers’ needs
- Ambitious - with your product, your team, and yourself
- Team player - willing to share from your own wealth of knowledge and always look for the same from others
- Fun to be around
- Master English at a high level both in writing and orally
What does the recruitment process look like?
- Send us your CV: We want to get to know you
- Screening call: Let’s chat and see if we’re a match
- Meet your future manager and team: See who you’ll be working closely with.
- Personality and cognitive test: Let’s learn more about you.
- Meet our talent partner and your future manager once more: Get feedback on your test results.
- Time to sign the contract: We’re ready to welcome you to BEC!
Make us aware of your talent!
We are an equal opportunities employer. We hire top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. See our full list of vacancies at https://www.bec.dk/en/vacancies/
You can also learn more about BEC by browsing our company culture book: wearebec.pdf
Application due: 15/12/2023
Join a community of people sharing great ambitions
BEC is a financial technology company creating IT solutions for Danish banks. Together, we enable their customers to invest online, take out loans and transfer money. In other words, everything it takes to run a bank.
We have 1,700+ employees spread across five locations in Denmark and Poland. We collaborate in a flat hierarchy with a high degree of mutual trust. Here, great ideas have no rank, and we invite everybody to chip in to create the strongest banking solutions for Danish society.