Junior data engineer
Are you excited about programming? Would you like to work with data and learning TSQL? Are you motivated to troubleshoot technical challenges for your colleagues? Then here is your chance to become our new student employee in Data Operations!
Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary responsibility will involve solving issues within the data framework and maintaining our data framework’s production environment. Over time, you will gain extensive knowledge about data pipelines, end-to-end development and collaborate widely across the business and with external data providers.
Concretely, your areas of responsibility will be to:
- assist users across the business with potential issues related to the data platform we maintain
- develop data solutions for your colleagues’ use
- collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient communication and task execution
- monitor our systems, working proactively to maintain order before errors are reported
Meet the team
As our new junior data engineer, you will join our Data Operations team, responsible for ensuring the business receives the necessary data. This involves maintaining data integrity and stability as well as managing the production environment.
You will join a team of six people with diverse backgrounds in engineering, data science, cognitive science and business intelligence. Our team shares a common goal: to provide fantastic support for our stakeholders. We are a social team that values spending time together, both socially and professionally with the broader Technology organisation.
"Whether you have experience in the field or not, we will ensure that you become an excellent data engineer", Khoa Van Vu, Manager, Head of Data Operations.
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will assist in ensuring our systems operate efficiently and reliably, we are looking for someone who is solution-oriented and has creative problem-solving techniques. As you will collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders, solid collaboration skills would be an advantage.
Furthermore, we imagine that you:
- are enrolled in a relevant education within IT and is keen to learn or develop your skills in TSQL
- have a technical flair and an interest in becoming a world-class data engineer
- can commit approximately 15-20 hours per week (we offer flexibility around exam periods)
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hoursto fit with your studies
- Vast development opportunitieswith the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospectsas part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- Great parental leave conditionsincluding 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- 100+ yearly social and professional eventsincluding DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free ticketsto family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discountsat hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic foodincluding a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhusright next to the central train station
Recruitment process and relocation
You can read more about our recruitment process here. Please note that if you are an international candidate, we will reimburse travel expenses in connection with potential interviews and support you with the relocation process.
What we’re about
We're a tech-driven energy trading company present in 40 markets across five continents. Our +500 people are driven by a need to constantly better things. If you are too, we could very well be the right place for you. You'll join a collective of thinkers and doers. Aspiring chefs, runners, parents, beekeepers, gamers – the list goes on. We're highly specialised experts within our fields. But it’s actually our diversity of ideas we’re most proud of, which is why we continuously work on strengthening an inclusive culture where diverse teams thrive.
Our organisation is flat with an open-door policy. We expect you to care. About your work. About your own and your colleagues’ collective successes. And about the difference we make at Danske Commodities. Together with our parent company Equinor, we have the vision and strength to accelerate the energy transition and make an impact. Like no other.
22.11.2023. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.