Domain Architect with focus on mainframe
We are searching for a domain architect with focus on mainframe and test
This position is based at our friendly office in Warsaw, Poland, or Roskilde, Denmark, and you will join our Enablers and Platform Architecture team. This decentral team oversee the overall architecture across BECs many platforms, this include driving the platform target state and helping the domains to turn it into transitional steps. The team is the direct link between our strategy, our product visions and how we can achieve that, and is therefore a really important role in driving BECs technical transformation as technology leaders.
The domain architect offers a great responsibility in supporting the technical direction for BECs primary platform, the Mainframe, on standardization and modernization, as well as the areas within testing and test environments, to ensure we challenge the status quo and provide the right tools that is also covering requirements for the future. The architectural support is given to the area (domain) called Shared Platforms and DevOps.
The Shared Platforms & DevOps domain is responsible for a broad range of tools, going from integration platforms, mainframe tooling, development tools, distributed platform, security, test environment, test QA and monitoring. The domain architect adds value to the domain by providing communication, guidance, inspiration, and analysis on architectural aspects to the domain leadership and delivery organization.
At BEC, we prefer to collaborate, and this is often done in the office. We can, however, work remotely up to eight days per month.
Primary task and responsibilities include:
- Description and visualization of AS-IS architecture for the mainframe platform and test capabilities
- Description and visualization of TO-BE (target state) architecture
- Description and visualization of roadmap options, risks, gains, pains, and opportunities
- Have an overview of non-functional requirements and technical debt
- Support the Domain leadership in the technical foundation for the business needs, and collaborate closely with other domain and team architects in the domain
- Ensure help and support in architecture processes
- Participate in architectural collaboration cluster work with enterprise architects and other domain architects, having a room with architects to spare with and align, and solving tasks
- As BEC is operating in both Denmark and Poland, some occasionally travelling will be expected
To succeed you will have:
- Competencies with mainframe technologies such as CICS, DB2, Cobol
- Experience with mainframe infrastructure
- Experience with different test tools
- Previous experience as an architect, preferably at solution or enterprise level
- Strong and transparent communication skills, e.g. for delivering status and progress for the architectural transformation to the architecture division
- A curious mind with a collaborative nature and desire to knowledge-share with others.
- Experience with assembler
- Knowledge about e.g. vscode, git, Jenkins and virtualization technology, z/VM, zlinux
- Solid understanding of open architecture, microservices, containers
Be your best self with BEC’s Benefits!
We offer a diverse range of benefits for our employees. Here are just a few of them.
- Professional development
- Healthy, varied lunch and fruit in the canteen
- Active staff associations: yoga, cycling, go-karting, salsa dancing etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible working hours
What does the recruitment process look like?
- Send us your CV: We want to get to know you
- Screening call: Let’s chat and see if we’re a match
- Technical test: Show off your knowledge!
- Meet our talent partner and technical expert: Learn more about the job, BEC Poland, and tell us more about your skills and experience.
- Meet your future manager: See who you’ll be working closely with.
- Time to sign the contract: We’re ready to welcome you to BEC!
If you have any questions related to the position, please contact Manager Henriette Jensen, phone +45 46763418.
Application due: 11/26/2023.
Make us aware of your talent
We are an equal opportunities employer. We hire top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. See our full list of vacancies at https://www.bec.dk/en/vacancies/
You can also learn more about BEC by browsing our company culture book: wearebec.pdf