Embedded Software Developer
Are you looking to join a world-leading company and contribute to the development of the embedded platform controlling the world's largest 2-stroke engines? Are you passionate about the green transition and eager to make a real impact? If so, this opportunity might be perfect for you!
At MAN Energy Solutions, we are at the forefront of leveraging cutting-edge technologies to drive the decarbonization of world trade. As the global market leader in energy-efficient and fuel-flexible large marine engine solutions, our engines are powered by our own hardware and software platform. As an Embedded Software Developer joining our team, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that we deliver on our ambitious sustainability goals.
The MAN Energy Solutions engine control system is a distributed embedded system consisting of multiple FPGA-based controllers. You will join our embedded software department together with 13 other highly skilled and motivated colleagues. The team is responsible for the firmware and middleware of the control system which enables our control department to efficiently develop and bring to market, state-of-the-art solutions e.g. new alternative fuel types and emission reduction systems.
You will play an important role in:
- Take part in developing new features, all the way from defining the architecture to implementation and maintenance.
- Analyzing and debugging existing solutions.
- Writing automated tests and documentation.
We imagine that you:
- Have a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering, or similar, with an interest in embedded systems.
- Well-founded in C++.
- Enjoy working with complex systems.
- Ability to work well in a team, but also self-driven and willing to take ownership.
- Like technical challenges and have a "can-do" attitude.
- Knowledge of agile development processes, test automation, and continuous integration, is a plus.
Welcome to the Embedded Software Department
Working in our team is a rewarding and collaborative experience. As part of the automation department in the R&D function, based in Copenhagen. We are responsible for everything connecting the application code with the control system hardware. This includes real-time operating system, hardware abstraction layer, board support package and application interfaces.
Collaboration is the cornerstone of our achievements. We work closely together with the hardware team to integrate new FPGA features, and the control departments to leverage their expertise to provide a meaningful and efficient API.
What can you expect from us
As an inclusive and supportive team, we prioritize the well-being of our members. We foster a friendly and informal atmosphere that encourages creativity and open communication. Our culture ensures a pleasant social environment, where we celebrate each other's successes.
When you join our team, you'll be surrounded by talented and dedicated individuals who are eager to learn from your experiences while gladly sharing their knowledge with you. We believe in continuous growth and mutual support, recognizing that every team member plays a crucial role in our collective success.
Unleash your potential: Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you an opportunity to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you are just starting out, taking your first career steps after graduation, or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions, we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce with a mix of gender, nationalities, and perspectives will drive innovation, creativity and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities from yoga and fishing to creative clubs.
We prioritize work-life balance, offering flexible working hours, the possibility of working from home, and mental well-being including health insurance and focus on work atmosphere. Here you have opportunities for growth, development, and mentorship.
At MAN Energy Solutions, you can create, drive, build, and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
About MAN Energy Solutions
- 250 years of experience in advanced engineering
- We deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe
- We operate under the motto "Future in The Making" as it reflects our dedication to developing sustainable solutions and actively contributing to a carbon-neutral economy
- We have over 15,000 employees worldwide. In Denmark, we are 2,200 passionate employees with more than 40 nationalities
Build your own future
Please submit your application to us no later than 01.12.2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Department Manager Nicolai Pedersen by phone +45 42 75 16 06. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com
We encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.