Student Quantitative Analyst
Do you want to join an energy trading start-up with high ambitions and experienced colleagues?
Join our team at Copenhagen Energy Trading
Do you want to join an energy trading start-up with high ambitions and experienced colleagues? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and do you have a strong will to win? Would you like to work with trading analysis and trading tools? Here is your chance to join Copenhagen Energy Trading’s journey on scaling power trading activities across Europe.
As a part-time Quantitative Analyst you will play a vital role in our team where your analytical expertise and mathematical skills will be applied to optimize our trading tools and strategies. The candidate will learn the specifics of the intraday power market in Europe from our offices in the district of Carlsberg City in central Copenhagen. Your main responsibilities will be to assist the traders by performing quantitative analyses and the development of trading tools.
What we offer:
- A student position (15-25 hours per week) with flexible working hours around exam periods
- Professional and highly ambitious colleagues who set the bar high
- The opportunity to build your influence and leave your fingerprint on the way we work in a young and fast-growing company
- Flat organizational hierarchy, dynamic workload and a fast-paced environment
- Varied social calendar driven by our team members (sports groups, summer/winter company trips, celebration of important milestones, family events, etc.)
- Beautiful, modern office space located in central Copenhagen
- A competitive salary with a performance-based bonus scheme
- Maintain and develop trading strategies and tool
- Identify new as well as improve existing trading strategies
- Conduct market analysis for active and new markets
- Work closely with other analysts, traders and IT
As you develop in the role, you will gain opportunities to move on to other tasks such as: Implementation and development of quantitative trading strategies using machine learning and/or other advanced statistical methods.
- Studying a relevant education within Finance, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics or similar
- Experience in programming (Python, R, or similar preferred)
- Full professional proficiency in English – both written and verbal
- Interested in trading and have a natural flair for numbers
- Competitive mindset and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are a true team player and collaborator
About Copenhagen Energy Trading
Copenhagen Energy Trading A/S was founded in 2021 and is part of Copenhagen Energy Group. We specialize in short-term proprietary wholesale power trading in Europe. We deploy in-house developed discretionary trading strategies as well as system-based trading strategies with the use of advanced analytics. Via these strategies, vast market understanding, experience, and data science, we move power to where it's needed the most.
To apply, submit your cover letter, CV and relevant school diplomas. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis and may select the right candidate prior to the expiry of the job ad. So please do not hesitate. For more information you are welcome to contact Partner and Lead Trader Daniel Madsen on email@example.com.
Deadline is December 3 2023.