Are you an innovative trailblazer with a passion for driving digital Innovation? Are you ready to make your mark in the bunkering industry? Look no further! Then you are the Innovation Manager we’re seeking to propel us into the future.
At Bunker Holding Group, we specialize in procuring, trading, and delivering marine fuel and lubricating oil to ships. As the industry evolves towards greener fueling solutions, we're on a mission to lead the way by harnessing the power of digitalization. Join us in unleashing the potential of digital transformation, where your innovative mindset will shape the future of our core business and explore exciting new digital avenues.
We believe that our digital offerings are one of our most important assets on this incredible journey. In a rapidly changing digital landscape, the threats and opportunities extend beyond traditional competitors. It's about embracing cutting-edge technologies, nurturing start-ups, and pushing boundaries outside our conventional competitive space. That's why we're investing in and further developing our digital initiatives. Our commitment to future innovations encompasses a strategic focus on three pivotal areas of innovation not limiting other potential areas across the existing bunker procurement value chain:
Green Transition: Driving change by addressing emissions, exploring new fuels, and embracing sustainability.
Compliance: Ensuring our operations align with Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) standards while navigating complex sanctions and regulations.
Fintech: Pioneering a financial revolution within the industry, revolutionizing payment methods, credit processes, and beyond, all while exploring innovations.
Unleash the Potential of Digital Innovation
As part of our Digital Venture, you will have the opportunity to operate independently from the IT organization, with the freedom to explore, discover, and innovate. You will be a part of an independent team who’s aim is to innovate and explore POC’s potential in a dynamic and competitive market.
Facilitation, Project- and Stakeholder Management will be your driving force. It’s a “hands-on” role, where you will coordinate innovation activities of the venture, with a focus on building and nurturing close relations to the industry, customers, and other stakeholders. Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive innovation concepts / projects through innovation pipeline together with customers and other external stakeholders
- Assess the feasibility, viability, and alignment of proposed concepts with the Bunker Holding digital lighthouse.
- Validate or disprove key hypotheses and uncertainties around customer needs, and design solutions to fulfil unmet needs
- Foster a culture of creativity within the organization, where fresh, innovative ideas are continually nurtured and developed.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create tailored digital solutions for
- Explore innovative growth channels such as partnerships with maritime startups, industry events, and virtual networking opportunities
- Conduct regular market research and scanning to stay informed about pricing trends and competitive positioning within the digital maritime space
Qualifications and Experience:
To thrive in this role, you understand the vital asset of having an established and diverse network and interests in new technologies and opportunities. Additionally, you probably have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Innovation Management, Technology).
- Proven experience in concept generation and innovation leadership, with a history of translating concepts into actionable initiatives.
- Strong project management skills, encompassing the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to align concept development with overarching business objectives.
- Analytical mindset, utilizing data for evidence-based decision-making and iterative improvements.
- An innate capacity for creative thinking and an inherent passion for staying updated on emerging trends and technologies.
Join our vision
We’re already looking forward to hearing from you. Join us from any of our locations in either Copenhagen, Middelfart or Aarhus.
In case you have questions about the position, please contact Martin Nedersee Torp, on +45 40 99 46 38. Please note that applications are handled on an ongoing basis. So, please send your application and CV as soon as possible by filling in the form below.
We encourage a diverse culture and invite all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, country of origin or ethnicity.
Bunker Holding – world leaders in bunker trading
Bunker Holding is the global leader in purchasing, selling, and supplying marine fuel and lube oil as well as providing risk management and other vital services for the shipping industry. The company operates via more than 1,660 ports worldwide and is present in 32 countries with 62 offices and more than 1,500 skilled employees.
The group has a long history but remains forward-looking and focused on answering the needs and challenges of an ever-changing industry.