Domain architect with focus on Cloud
This position is based at our friendly office in Warsaw, Poland, or Roskilde, Denmark, and you will join our Enablers and Platform Architecture team. The team oversee the overall architecture across BECs many platforms, this include driving the platform target states and helping the domains to turn it into transitional steps. The team is the direct link between our strategy, our product visions and how we can achieve that, and is therefore having a really important role in driving BECs technical transformation as technology leaders.
The domain architect offers a great responsibility in supporting the technical direction for the cloud area in BEC in close alignment with the domain leadership. The domain architect adds value to the domain by providing communication, guidance, inspiration, and analysis on architectural aspects to the domain leadership and delivery organization.
The Data & Cloud domain is responsible for platforms, tools and governance related to BI, analytics, and data as well as the responsibility for building our new strategic MS Azure cloud platform in BEC. We currently have a managed cloud platform solution with our infrastructure vendor, looking at establishing a development platform with DevOps capabilities.
The domain architect’s primary stakeholders will be the domain leadership, especially the development director and product manager in the Data and Cloud domain as well as the leadership in other domains that is essential for the cloud platform development.
At BEC, we prefer to collaborate, and this is mostly done in the office. We do, however, have the opportunity to work remotely up to eight days per month.
Primary task and responsibilities include:
- Description and visualization of AS-IS architecture for the cloud platform
- Description and visualization of TO-BE (target state) architecture
- Description and visualization of roadmap options, risks, gains, pains, and opportunities
- Actively participation in the cloud steering committee
- Architectural guidance of customer facing domains in azure cloud services
- Ensure help and support in architecture processes
- Participate in an architect cluster, where enterprise architects and domain architects use each other for sparing and making architectural decisions together
- Be a part of and support the Domain leadership in the technical foundation for the business needs, and collaborate closely with the team architects in the domain
- As BEC is operating in both Denmark and Poland some occasionally travelling will be expected
To succeed you will have:
- Knowledge about cloud native application architecture (including DevOps, CI/CD, security)
- Experience with cloud adoption frameworks
- Certified as a professional architect for Microsoft Azure or similar certification
- A strong and transparent communication style and great stakeholder mgmt. skills
- Curious mind with an open nature and desire to knowledge-share with others.
- Experience from an organization with many regulatory requirements
- Previous experience working as an architect
- Knowledge and understanding of microservices, containers, API reference architecture
Be your best self with BEC’s Benefits!
We offer a diverse range of benefits for our employees. Here are just a few of them.
- Professional development
- Healthy, varied lunch and fruit in the canteen
- Active staff associations: yoga, cycling, go-karting, salsa dancing etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible working hours
What does the recruitment process look like?
- Send us your CV: We want to get to know you
- Screening call: Let’s chat and see if we’re a match
- Meet your future manager and team: See who you’ll be working closely with.
- Personality and cognitive test: Let’s learn more about you.
- Meet our talent partner and your future manager once more: Get feedback on your test results.
- Time to sign the contract: We’re ready to welcome you to BEC!
If you have any questions related to the position, please contact Manager Henriette Jensen, phone +45 46763418.
Make us aware of your talent
We are an equal opportunities employer. We hire top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
You can also learn more about BEC by browsing our company culture book: wearebec.pdf