Data Architect to join our digital journey
The Enterprise Integrations & Master Data Management department in DSV Global IT is looking for a Data Architect to collaborate with business and IT to deliver real value.
Enterprise Integrations & Master Data Management develops and maintains DSV’s electronic data exchange with customers and integrates internal applications. We are dedicated to creating IT solutions that enable digital transformation, meet customer requirements, and optimise business functions.
In our efforts to digitise DSV, Enterprise Integrations & Master Data Management supports DSV's corporate strategy by ensuring a high-performing, demand-driven, scalable, and well-governed integration set-up.
As part of the new integration strategy in Enterprise Integrations & Master Data Management, we are taking important steps embracing new ways to be successful, and we focus on new technologies and principles, with our current platforms as the foundation.
Play your part in the development of secure, scalable, and high-quality products with innate fault tolerance
As the Data Architect, you will have the primary task of creating, designing, and documenting our new data models, ensuring that we follow an agile process. Among other things, this involves engaging with stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure the accuracy of the model.
In addition, you will actively support our organisation, providing guidance and advice on all aspects related to the data model. Thus, as the advocate for the new model, you will play a pivotal role in steering and influencing its adoption.
More specifically, your daily tasks will be to:
- Define and document DSV’s global conceptual and logical data model.
- Analyse business domains and processes and incorporate them into the data model.
- Help steer the data model through the organisation by presenting it to stakeholders and collaborating with the development teams assigned to implement it.
- Ensure alignment with the industry standards and the information architecture domain’s best practices.
- Support the data strategy work from the information architecture end.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Meeting with stakeholders, discussing their needs and translating them into actionable objectives.
- Conduct data-driven analyses to provide input to decisions (e.g., which DSV country to start with for a specific use case).
- Identifying proper solutions / models / pre-trained models for business cases.
- Pre-processing the data (cleaning, transforming).
- Bridge the gap between existing solutions and LLM/ML
- Using and tweaking existing frameworks for running automated testing.
- Present your results on an ongoing basis to teammates and business stakeholders.
Using the right technology
We are looking for a Data Architect whose main language is Python and other tech stack that we use, which you have experience with, includes:
- Programming Languages – Python and 2nd other programming language are necessary. Python includes both OOP and DS libraries. Java is preferred as second a language. R, SQL, SAS do not count as second programming languages.
- DL & Serving Frameworks – Pytorch or TensorFlow.
- Solid Computer Science Background with relevant experience and education.
- Eye for the detail but always seeing the broader picture. Very problem-solving mindset and attitude to bring tangible value to the business.
- Being highly organized and structured to plan long-term work and epics.
- ML General Knowledge with expertise in one of the following: Statistics, Deep Learning, NLP, Econometrics
Additionally, you have experience with:
- Cloud and MLOPs Experience (Focus on AI Solutions) - Vertex AI (preferred) on GCP (Google Cloud Platform), Azure AI Platform, AWS Sagemaker etc.
- Version control – Git, DVC, Azure DevOps
- Containerization & Orchestration – Docker (must have and solid), Kubeflow (nice to have)
- Scripting - Bash, PowerShell
- Database technologies - MongoDB Atlas, PostgreSQL
- Jira, Confluence
Explore learning and development opportunities in a dynamic IT organisation
In Global IT, we enable the business to grow through organic growth and an active acquisition strategy, through well-thought out technological and digitalised solutions. We are one DSV and in Global IT this means we think and breathe enterprise solutions that benefit all areas of DSV. Our solutions are integrated with both customers and suppliers and in a world of change, this enables us to continuously optimise our customers’ supply chains and support efficient workflows for our colleagues and DSV as a whole.
Global IT is a global department consisting of more than 2,300 colleagues across the world. Technology is our bread and butter, but we are not only investing in technology, we also invest in our people. Because of our size and global presence there are truly an unlimited number of opportunities to forward your career. If you like challenges and a constantly changing environment, Global IT is the place for you.
Do you have any questions?
We look forward to reading your application and if you have any questions Senior Manager, Per Engelbrecht, will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this vacancy +4522239049.
We will process the applications as we receive them. Please submit your CV and application and apply as soon as possible.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.