Senior Technology Infrastructure Specialist
Technology infrastructure and automations - sounds like something for you?
Please note that this role can be based in either Copenhagen or Aalborg.
What you’ll get?
You’ll be part of our Technology Operations team within our Northern European region, working closely with the rest of Technology on local and global challenges.
And what’s best about this job is, you get to work with top-in-class IT professionals in a family-friendly and informal setting. You’ll quickly sense the agile and high-paced retail environment we work in, where everyone gets to work independently and enjoys the flexibility of planning their own schedule. In addition, you’ll also get to:
- Become part of an international company with friendly, smart, and passionate colleagues
- Enjoy a salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, health insurance, and much more
- Keep on developing in your role with an individual development plan that aligns with your talent and ambitions, supported by professional instructor led course with certification every year plus free access to plenty of online learning offers
What you’ll do:
This is an impactful senior role where you will be vital in protecting and developing our platform for the future, while ensuring it is understood by our stakeholders. As a self-driven and adept professional, you excel at questioning the status quo in a positive way to drive change.
You’ll be at the forefront of driving innovation, adopting a GitOps mindset with automations and infrastructure as code as our primary focus and toolbox. Supported by advanced monitoring and alerting, you’ll ensure exceptional uptime across our hybrid environment. Specifically, you can look forward to:
- Collaborating with our Technology Product teams to implement new solutions
- Providing expert consultation on technical capabilities to address unique requirements and fuel the fires of innovation
- Engaging in high- and low-level design activities with our Architecture Team
- Analyzing and visualizing operational data derived from event logs, metrics, and traces to drive actionable insights and automations
- Ensuring workflows are scripted as runnable or automated tasks for both on-prem and cloud environments.
We’re a highly skilled and collaborative team with an ambition to take Specsavers’ Technology portfolio and services to the next level. We like to get involved, learn from each other, and have fun together.
As our new Senior Technology Infrastructure Specialist, you’ll work either at our brand-new NESO office in Copenhagen’s Nordhavnen or in our cozy Louis Nielsen office in Aalborg.
How will this role progress?
Within 3 months, you will:
- be onboarded and immerse yourself in our team’s collaborative ways of working, enabling us to focus on exciting and cutting-edge projects
- learn about our datacenter setups and our plans
- establish relationships with our Product Teams and grasp our agile ways of working
- delivering new solutions together with our product teams to help change lives through better sight and hearing.
Within 6-12 months, you are:
- working on our strategy to adopt a GitOps orchestration to secure and develop our technology foundation
- converting routines into automations with an IaC-mindset
- creating automations and actions from monitoring events
- the expert and go-to person for automations and monitoring in our cloud and on-prem environments
- certified in a new or already known product.
Who you are?
As our new Senior Infrastructure Specialist, you excel at working with multiple cross-functional tasks and conjuring up creative and secure solutions or workarounds to exciting and challenging problems. You have an inquisitive and helpful mindset and thrive in stakeholder communication. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience and understanding of Technology foundation stacks including Cloud, ITIL and ensuring its availability end-to end
- A qualified understanding of security, Cloud and hypervisor platforms, operating systems, network access, and hosting
- The ability to communicate complex operational and technical matters clearly to both IT professionals and other business colleagues
- Deliver technical specialism into agile workstreams while driving progress
- Mentor others to share your expertise and prevent knowledge gaps in the team, avoiding reliance on a single point of failure
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Experience within Agile Practice Management is a plus.
What makes you a great fit for this role?
We realize that you’re not a checklist to be crossed off, so don’t feel discouraged from reaching out if you don’t see yourself in all the things listed below. We would love to hear from you if you are experienced with some of the following elements, preferably a specialist in some and a generalist in others:
- Azure compute, storage, security and/or networking
- GitOps and scripting like Powershell, Python and/or BASH at proficient or expert level
- Automation/playbook tools like Terraform, Ansible, and Puppet.
- Linux skills, like RedHat or AIX
- Splunk monitoring and dashboards/ITSI
- Virtualization and storage technology like VMware, hyper-v, and SAN solutions
- Advanced networking, SD-WAN/LAN, MPLS, routing/BGP
Ticks all your boxes? Then apply today!
To apply, kindly send us your CV using the button below. Leaving an application letter is optional since we’d rather see your application fly in than take up your time. So please apply as soon as you can! Please avoid including any photos or references to your age in your CV. It contributes to a fairer and more unbiased assessment.
Do you have questions or simply want more information on this role? Feel free to contact Head of Technology Operations and Service Assurance, Northern Europe, Michael Strømsholt:
Head of Technology Operations and Service Assurance