Embedded Software Developer
Shure has an ambitious goal of offering our customers innovative ecosystems of top-quality software to support our networked devices. In Copenhagen, we design and develop high quality conferencing products and solutions. As we are expanding our product portfolio, we are looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our team in Ørestad, Copenhagen.
Keep your designs in balance with our software ecosystem
We are a technology-driven company that embraces the SAFe methodology. While we operate in sprints, we don't succumb to the pressures of haste. Our emphasis lies in producing high-quality code rather than resorting to quick workarounds. In this role, you will be working with everything from low-level drivers to high level MCU application code. Using your programming skills, you will ensure that our mechanics, hardware, and algorithms are integrated to connect our devices.
Be part of a culture that makes people stay on
You will join a team of around 10 embedded software developers. At Shure, we appreciate collaboration, commitment, and innovation as well as a natural interest in solving complex issues. We strive towards achieving extraordinary results and we are not afraid of taking on challenging tasks.
In your new position, you will be part of a cross-functional, cross-site development team that designs and implements cutting edge audio products, platforms and technologies.
Your daily tasks will typically include:
- Designing, developing, and debugging embedded application software written in C++ for 16/32-bit processors running RTOS or embedded Linux.
- Designing, developing, and debugging low-level peripheral device drivers for controlling external HW modules, ASICS, FPGAs or similar.
- Reviewing system requirements and developing software designs accordingly. Conducting and participating in firmware architecture and design reviews.
- Developing and maintaining unit tests for testing your implementation. Participating in system integration efforts.
- Contributing to CI-CD pipelines as necessary and helping in developing relevant tools to ensure that continuous delivery chain is always functional.
Who we think you are
You have a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar, and minimum 2 years of experience designing and developing embedded firmware.
- You are very skilled with C and C++ and have a demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design using UML diagrams.
- You have solid knowledge and experience utilizing object-oriented design patterns and architectures.
- You understand key software design principles such as: separation of concerns, high cohesion and low coupling to facilitate reuse as well as maintainability in software architecture.
- You develop unit tests using frameworks such as CUnit, CppTest and/or GoogleTest.
- You are familiar with version control tools such as Subversion and Git.
Furthermore, it is a plus if you are experienced with:
- Scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Test automation frameworks such as Robot and Selenium.
- Working in a team setup using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Knowledge of low-latency audio networking protocols such as Dante and AES67.
- Development of embedded Linux firmware components using the Yocto project framework.
- Wireless technologies such as GSM, Bluetooth, LTE, Wi-Fi, WiMAX.
In addition to your technical skills, you are a great team player who loves to share your knowledge - just as your colleagues do. Since Shure is a global company, you will get the chance to collaborate with development teams located in the United States, Scotland, India and China.
Our value proposition to you
We see software development as a team effort, and you will join a collaborative mix of employees with different levels of experience. We are a company of passionate and dedicated people, and our technological innovations are the result of the creativity and dedication of our Associates.
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with ample opportunity for learning and growth as well as an attractive compensation package reflective of your experience and qualifications.
In this role, you will become part of an inspiring and flexible workplace with a dynamic work environment and great colleagues that appreciate, support and respect one another. We believe in the value of a good work-life balance and do our outmost to ensure that our employees thrive in our well-established company culture of innovation and high quality. Shure is an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and cherish inclusion in the workplace.
Our technological innovations are the result of the creativity and dedication of our employees, and in short, it is our employees who define our culture and make Shure a great place to work!
Applying for the job
The mix matters: We recognize that every professional journey is unique and are committed to providing an equitable candidate experience for all prospective Shure Associates. If you are excited about this role, believe you have the skills to be successful, and you share our passion for creating an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible work environment, then apply!
To find out more about this job, please contact Ömer Yurdal at: +45 3248 2300.
Shure’s mission is to be the most trusted audio brand worldwide – and for nearly a century, our Core Values have aligned us to be just that. Founded in 1925, we are a leading global manufacturer of audio equipment known for quality, reliability, and durability. We engineer microphones, headphones, wireless audio systems, conferencing systems, and more. And quality doesn’t stop at our products. Our talented teams strive for perfection and innovate every chance they get. We offer an Associate-first culture, flexible work arrangements, and opportunity for all.
Shure is headquartered in United States. We have more than 35 regional sales offices, engineering hubs, and manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, EMEA, and Asia.
In our Copenhagen office, we are 55 dedicated and committed employees that value the exchange of ideas, high quality in everything that we do and respect for each other. Located in Ørestad, we have bright new offices, a good canteen as well as an open work environment and an informal tone. At Shure, we always aim at taking good care of our employees and do what we can to ensure that they thrive in our well-established company culture of innovation and high quality.