Seeking skilled DevOps Engineer
If you're a skilled DevOps engineer, join a team committed to creating and enhancing cutting-edge systems. The position offers a unique opportunity to engage with various technologies and languages, fostering continuous learning and skill development.
We are looking for a system admin with developer skills or a developer interested in system administration to develop our IT platform in a structured and scalable way.
You will become part of Tech Operations, a team responsible for running cloud applications, VMs, and barebone installations that make up our platform. We do everything from security patching, load balancing, scaling of solutions, deployment of applications, SQL maintenance, etc. We try to automate as many processes as possible, including centralized server and application monitoring.
We choose the tools that best suit the task at hand and match the skills of our team members. That is why we use many different technologies and languages you can learn or perfect if you do not already know them.
Aside from our in-house developed product platform, we also host and maintain a normal office domain with Office 365, Microsoft Intra, and Azure login integrations with CRM systems, client deployments, etc.
Infomedia's IT department in Copenhagen and Oslo, consisting of 20 people, work closely together in a dynamic work environment where flexibility and the ability to create and embrace change are essential. The department plays a vital role in the Infomedia Group, supporting our 220 colleagues across Copenhagen, Aarhus, Oslo, Stockholm, and Tallinn.
Infomedia gathers news articles from local, national, and global sources, using a world-leading web crawler to process 3.7 million articles daily from 200,000 websites. We play a crucial role in real-time information processing for large companies, political parties, and government institutions, and today, this field is more critical than ever.
Tasks and key responsibilities
As our new DevOps Engineer, you will join a 5-person team. We always work to improve our platform, and we expect you to pitch in with identifying and enhancing improvement areas, such as security issues, unhealthy servers, and poor configuration.
- Do standard maintenance on servers.
- Deploy in-house built applications (including AI), set up load balancing, DNS, service accounts, etc.
- Execute projects like updating Rabbit MQ, Solr, HA Proxy, Zabbix, integrate Azure AD with new systems, deploying a new VPN, etc.
- Pitch in on regular IT support tasks when necessary.
- Be part of our off-hour duty plan (very few calls).
This year, we are migrating customers to a new platform. The transition will take place simultaneously with maintaining and developing the new platform, and we need to identify what can be removed from the old setup to cut costs and simplify. To do this, you need to grasp applications, data flow, server hosting, and business requirements.
We would like to hear from you if you…
- Are a developer with system admin skills or vice versa.
- Are quick to understand complex systems. For instance, how the downtime of one microservice might affect an end-user product.
- Have experience with, or interest in learning, running both Windows and Linux servers.
- Have an educational background in IT.
- Have experience with, or interest in learning, Microsoft Entra, Intune, and other Microsoft cloud services.
- Are service-minded, independent, and inclusive in your approach to colleagues.
- Can identify and prioritise tasks.
What do we have to offer?
- An exciting and progressive place to work, with offices all over the Nordic countries.
- A department with great diversity where having fun while working is highly valued.
- An attractive position with a chance to define your role and personal and professional development.
- A professional work environment and great colleagues who are always willing to lend a helping hand.
- A company with a great atmosphere, many social events, and monthly Friday bars.
- A unique location in the centre of Copenhagen, only a 5-minute walk from Nørreport station.
Are you interested in the position?
The position is full-time, and we are looking for candidates who can start soon. It is a prerequisite that you reside in Denmark as the position is office-based.
Please send your application, resume, and relevant academic results through the application platform. Please note that we only accept applications through the application platform due to GDPR. Please do not send any documents with your social security number.
We accept applications up until the 15th of March 2024, and we will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Head of Nordic IT Operations, Claus Lindquist Henriksen, at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position regardless of gender, age, religion, and ethnic background.