Join us as a DevOps Manager and take charge of optimizing software delivery and operations within a top-tier marketing consultancy.
Our platform/product team provides plentiful opportunities for your professional growth. If you're passionate about driving excellence in this field, this role is your gateway to an exciting journey.
A digital leader within customer relations
VML MAP is a distinctive organization, dedicated to delivering high-impact digital marketing experiences that enrich and evolve brand-consumer relationships. A significant portion of our work occurs on our proprietary automation platform, used daily by thousands of global users.
With the expertise of a consultancy and the creativity of an agency, we collaborate with some of the world’s most admired brands in sports, fashion, consumer goods, retail, travel & hospitality, pharmaceuticals, and finance.
What will your day look like?
As our new DevOps Manager, you will be managing a team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals to deliver solutions and services to our large international clients. More specifically, your responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Lead a high-performance team of DevOps engineers in delivering automation and scalability of the platform.
- Lead and drive hands-on implementations around IaC, Kubernetes and cloud services (Azure and GCP) using GitFlow, Azure DevOps, Terraform and Helm Charts.
- Innovate, optimize, and automate our SDLC and CI/CD processes.
- Support our QA engineering team in their effort to automate testing.
- Implement appropriate monitoring of endpoints, services and systems to support site reliability management and strengthen RCA and better incident resolution.
- Work closely with our development teams to identify improvement potential.
- Ensure adoption on the development teams of processes and best practices developed by your team.
What do you bring to the table?
You are passionate about DevOps and fueled by the process of optimizing software delivery and the team responsible for it. You are a fast learner and embrace change when it is required to achieve goals set by the business and the team you work in.
It is important that you work comfortably in either Java, C#, TypeScript or Python and the command line using either Linux Shell or PowerShell.
More specifically, you have:
- 3+ years of people and team management, either formally or informally.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with building and maintaining cloud IT infrastructure.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with SDLC and CI/CD processes.
- 3+ years of experience with a major programming language.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Ideally you also have:
- Solid experience deploying infrastructure using Terraform.
- Professional experience of working with Kubernetes in production settings.
- Experience with Umbraco CMS or other CMS systems.
- Knowledge of marketing and maybe even marketing automation systems.
A global network
At VML MAP, we are always making room for more. We are 900+ technology specialists, data scientists, strategic thinkers, consultants, operations experts, and creative minds from 55 nationalities who collaborate closely to help our clients inspire and engage consumers on five continents.
We are part of the global VML network with 20,000 colleagues in 90 markets.
At VML, we are committed to fostering an all-inclusive work environment that is both rewarding and career-forward. Our Inclusion, Equity & Belonging initiatives, alongside the VML Foundation, reflect our dedication to giving back and making a positive impact in our communities and beyond. Our people are the heartbeat of our organization—creators, doers, innovators, makers, and thinkers—who drive not just marketing, but meaningful experiences that resonate in every action and interaction.