Experienced System Architect to Weibel
Do you enjoy working with complex systems designed for international customers in most of the world – and do you have a high level of technical and System Architect professionalism?
For our client Weibel, we are looking for a highly experienced System Architect to their dedicated and growing System Engineering team. You will get plenty of challenges being responsible for highly technical architectural tasks in your efforts to match the requirements of their global customers need for specialized radars.
Weibel is recognized as a world-leader in radar technology, performing with a precision largely unmatched by competitors. Applications for their radars include Space Research, Missile Defence, Instrumentation Systems and lately for Drone and UAS Detection. Radars are produced at Weibels Allerød factory, and about 98 % of Weibel radars are exported. Increasing customer demand means that the company is experiencing rapid growth.
About the position
You will be responsible for system architecture including system documentation and associated requirements engineering. As the design authority on the system level, you will work in close cooperation with the subsystem architects, ensuring that the various subsystems work together in a manner that will satisfy the overall system requirements.
The position will include the following tasks:
- Defining the overall architecture of the product
- Flow down of requirements to the subsystem level
- Describing main subsystem requirements and interfaces between subsystems
- Developing system budgets defining contributions from each subsystem
- Reviewing subsystem design and ensuring system level performance
- Coordination of the overall technical solution with the Subsystem Architects and the Project Manager
- Initial pre-bid coordination with Sales regarding technical specifications
- Ensuring new solutions/designs are aligned with the technology roadmap and product direction to enable maximum reuse in future deliveries
Working at Weibel will give you the opportunity to participate in the further development of their system engineering processes and tool chain. The position will also allow for influence on the direction of Weibels future technology base.
You thrive in an environment that requires you to work independently on some tasks and in close collaboration with your colleagues on others. You prefer a fast-working pace that allows you to work on many different tasks simultaneously where some requires immediate action and others focus on the long-term perspective.
Your background should include:
- A university degree within electrical engineering or similar
- Experience with systems engineering in relation to complex systems
- Knowledge of requirement engineering (Helix ALM)
- Practical experience with MBSE, preferably SySML, UML or similar (Enterprise Architect)
- Fluid in English both written and spoken
Experience with microwave technology is preferred, and experience with radar systems or complex systems for military use is considered an advantage.
It is a requirement for this position that you can obtain a security clearance.
Your new team
You will be joining a team of 9 competent and enthusiastic colleagues in the System Engineering team. The level of experience in the team spans from a few years of experience to more than 30 years of experience. The team members have very different educational backgrounds that varies from electrical, aerospace, and mechanical engineering to physics and computer science. At Weibel, they have created it in this way, because they believe that bringing people with different competences together will generate the best solutions.
More about Weibel
Weibel Scientific A/S is an independent privately held Danish engineering company and the leading global producer and exporter of Doppler radars for use in space research, the aerospace industry, defense, and missile defense and critical infrastructure protection. Since its formation in 1977, Weibel has delivered more than 5,000 radars to more than 40 countries. To maintain the greatest possible control and quality trough all stages of production, all work from development to manufacturing is done at Weibel’s headquarters in Allerød, close to Copenhagen in Denmark, where Weibel employs approximately 370 people.
Read more at www.weibelradars.com.
Interested in joining Weibel?
At Bloom, we look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible as interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis. If you have any questions, please contact Director Sara Juhl at Bloom on email@example.com or phone +45 2086 0865.