Network Engineer - Aller IT
Are you a passionate network expert driven by designing, building, and operating the infrastructure that support professional digital systems?
Being a part of Aller IT means belonging to a modern Nordic IT organization within Aller Group. Every day, we provide shared IT-solutions to our 2,500 dedicated colleagues across Aller’s Scandinavian business, working within well-known media brands, creative content marketing bureaus and large travel agencies.
A well-functioning infrastructure is crucial to supporting the business on all levels, and we are now looking for you, who seek the unique opportunity of ‘owning the network’. You are excited about having the freedom to shape the future of our networking infrastructure, taking responsibility for its evolution, and ensuring it not only meets but also exceeds our organizational needs through your vision and expertise.
You will play an exciting and important role
A typical day involves varied technical operational tasks combined with new development projects when you:
- Design, implement and manage network infrastructure and services (LAN, WAN, WiFi, VPN, Cloud networks in Azure and AWS, ZTNA, SASE).
- Configure and maintain our network, monitor performance and integrity.
- Are an integral part of the Operations team and with IT colleagues (local and Nordic) to design and build integrated system solutions.
- Help design and implement our network security strategy, incl. next-generation firewall features and capabilities and other security strengthening measures.
While drawing on your specialized and solid knowledge in network design, we also expect that you like to get hands-on experience working with running systems, and that you are ready to log into a Windows server and assist your dedicated colleagues in our daily operations.
In other words: You will quickly get very close to all associated organizations within the Aller business, both locally and at the Nordic level, and have ample opportunity to see the positive effect of your work in practice.
We appreciate your passion and expertise
We believe that you will thrive and succeed in the role if you:
- Have worked in a similar job position for several years.
- Preferably hold a Cisco/CCNP or Fortinet certification and are familiar with the Azure/AWS network suite.
- Like taking ownership and build and operate systems and solutions.
- Enjoy working in a hybrid infrastructure setup.
- Value working with other highly skilled IT professionals and people across team boundaries and borders.
- Can present technical solutions to stakeholders.
- Are fluent in English and one Nordic language.
You will get the chance to work in modern and up-to-date systems and a network infrastructure based on Cisco, Meraki, Fortinet. Working with routing/switching, SD-WAN, VPN etc. It will be a big advantage if you have knowledge in planning, implementation and troubleshooting on DHCP, DNS, SAML, NPS/Radius and other technologies used in the public clouds (Microsoft Azure and AWS).
What you become a part of
You will work together with dedicated IT-specialists who all appreciate an informal environment and are driven to translate business needs into solutions. There is a high level of flexibility and the opportunity to work from home if needed. At the same time, we also value sitting together on the office at Havneholmen, central Copenhagen.
Social activities are important for us as it also contributes to our daily motivation for professional knowledge sharing and learning.
We offer competitive salary based on competencies and experience, and you will experience, that we focus on your development, training, and room to grow. We are looking for the right mix of an independent driver and real team player.
We look forward to hearing from you
If this sounds like the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
The application deadline is March 6, 2024. However, as we aim to fill the position as soon as possible, we will be inviting suitable candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore, we look forward to receiving your application and CV today. Please note that we only accept applications through our online recruitment system.
If you have any specific questions regarding the position, you are more than welcome to contact Operations Team Lead, Jens Højgaard: firstname.lastname@example.org.