Senior Infrastructure Engineer - VMware Platform
Centrica Energy is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with expertise in VMware technologies and a strong background in DevOps practices, automation, ITIL, and IaaS to join our team in Aalborg or Copenhagen. As a key player in our infrastructure team, you will be pivotal in the ongoing upgrade of our platform and play a crucial role in enhancing the efficiency and scalability of our virtualization infrastructure, particularly in the deployment and configuration of our platform based on VMware Cloud Foundation.
We are looking for someone who can collaborate with the team on leading the installation and configuration of our platform built on VMware Cloud Foundation and work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and optimal performance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) Implementation
- VMware Platform Management: Design, deploy, and manage VMware virtualization infrastructure and implement automation for the provisioning and scaling of virtualized resources.
- Implement and manage NSX for network virtualization and security and administer vSAN for scalable and high-performance storage solutions.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines for efficient deployment and testing
- Collaborate with DevOps teams to integrate infrastructure as code (IaC) practices.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for repetitive tasks.
- Leverage tools like Ansible, Terraform, or PowerShell for infrastructure automation.
- Apply ITIL best practices for incident, problem, and change management.
- Ensure compliance with ITIL processes and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Implement and maintain security measures for the virtualization infrastructure.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends and technologies.
- Provide expert-level support for VMware-related issues.
- Participate in on-call rotations for critical incident response.
In this role you are expected to collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of the virtualization platform and document infrastructure configurations, processes, and procedures.
This role can be based out of Aalborg or Copenhagen. If based out of Copenhagen you would be expected to travel to Aalborg on a regular basis to maintain relationships with the team and key stakeholders.
You can come from many different backgrounds, but we believe the right candidate for this role will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Proven experience (3+ years) as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer or similar role.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, and managing VMware virtualization environments.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, automation tools, ITIL framework, and IaaS.
- Strong understanding of hardware components and server architectures.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., VMware Certified Professional, DevOps certifications) are a plus.
We’re a leading European renewable energy trading powerhouse, and one of only a few major actors in the energy trading business that manages both renewable assets and executes energy trading at large scales simultaneously. With +13 GW of renewable power under management and +15 years of experience innovating the European PPA market, we’re a unique player positioned in an exciting industry with the ambitions and capabilities to push the green transition forward.
Centrica has a strong focus and track record of nurturing talent. The responsibilities and tasks we take on are limited only by our imagination – we dream big and aim high when setting new goals, and we deliver on that through honesty, proactiveness and responsibility. By applying for this role, you will get the opportunity to join one of the most successful energy trading teams in Europe.
We have an inclusive environment, and our experience is that different views from different people with different backgrounds strengthen our business and makes us all better. Our people come from all over the world, and we invite anyone with the skills and the mindset to apply for this role.
Make your move today to change tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Ansøg' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Ansøg’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.