Business Development Director - IoT & Engineering (Manufacturing/Logistics/Transportation)
With deep expertise in IoT and Engineering, we are seeking a consultative problem-solver to drive Service Line Sales for our IoT and Engineering Services Practice.
Key domains / topics include Industrial and Process Manufacturing, Transportation and Logistics, Manufacturing Operations Management, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Warehouse Execution Systems, Asset Performance Management, Digital Thread, PLM, Product Engineering, ER&D, etc.
Sales quota attainment (booking and revenue), relationship management and collaboration skills are key to your success. Consulting experience and thought leadership participation is highly desirable.
About Cognizant’s IoT & Engineering Practice
IoT and Engineering’ (known as Industry+) is one of the fastest-growing practices within Cognizant. IoT technologies fuse the physical and digital worlds, connecting enterprises, extracting intelligence, and propelling autonomy. This helps organizations drive revenue and improve sustainability and market leadership. The convergence of digital and physical is creating new market opportunities. But it’s also presenting new business challenges.
At Cognizant, we help businesses modernize quickly to anticipate customer and market demands and act instantaneously. By connecting spaces, products, industrial manufacturing, and modern mobility, our engineers provide IoT platforms and solutions to help our clients re-invent their operations, build innovative experiences and create next-generation products. The results: sustainable revenue growth, optimized margins, and improved valuations.
Some of your tasks may include:
- Creating growth strategy and plan for pipeline generation for offerings across industry4.0, Manufacturing Operations Management, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Warehouse Execution Systems, Asset Performance Management, Digital Thread, PLM, Product Engineering, ER&D, etc.
- Managing key client and Cognizant stakeholders for the set of accounts assigned
- Managing the account plan in consultation with the client partner, investing time in strengthening existing client relationships and new strategic clients
- Working with Delivery Teams to validate the cost and scope of solutions
- Leading proactive proposals and RFP in line with account strategy
- Partnering with internal leaders for solution creation and execution
- Responsibility for sales, business development, and customer relationship building
- Achieving annual revenue and total contract value (booking) targets
- Working in a matrixed organization, responsible for prospecting and other sales management goals designed
- Collaborating with industry vertical teams, developing strong, long-term relationships with executives
- Managing the end-to-end sales process
We would like you to have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- A proven track record in business growth/sales roles in the Manufacturing and or Transportation sector
- Excellent ability and aptitude to influence and communicate effectively with business stakeholders up to the C-Suite
- Work with an ecosystem of partnerships (hyperscalers, boutique technology companies, etc.)
- Strong technical skills with the ability to find technical solutions to business problems and engage the potential customer with “consultative selling” is essential
- Ability to interface at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and executive presentation and persuasion skills are required
- Knowledge of the industry trends, customer pain points, and potential opportunities in various IoT and engineering areas are highly desirable
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 02 2024
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Be aware of fraudulent offers!!
Cognizant do not charge anything at any stage of the recruitment process and has not authorized any agencies or partners or individuals to charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process. In case you receive offers that you suspect are fraudulent, please email us at TAGCompliance2@cognizant.com. By this, we want to avoid and prevent unaware prospective candidates from falling victim to these scams.
Kindly note that any payment made to either individuals or agencies for gaining employment at Cognizant, will be at your own risk & volition and Cognizant cannot be held accountable for the same.